My ringtones keep resetting.

brownyhound

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my SD card from the 8gb to a 32gb. Transferred all the data, everything seemed to be working ok, besides my ringtones all disappearing. I kind of expected that though. So i fixed everything and reset them to what i had before.

Then, after a while i noticed that, every time i plug my phone into my computer, whether it be for Windows Media Sync, PC connection or just to charge, it erases all my ringtones and notification sounds. Sometimes, it'll completely erase them and say "Unknown ringtone", in which case, i get a silent ringtone. Or sometimes, it'll reset it to a completely random song that i have on my phone. It's very annoying.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any ideas as to what i can do to fix it? Could it maybe be an app that i'm running? Also, keep in mind that i'm kind of a simpleton when it comes to Android. I haven't rooted my phone or done any crazy customization.

cope49

Reaction score
Hey brownyhound, just wondered if you've received any ideas on how to fix this problem because the exact same thing is happening to me and its very annoying. I'm constantly having to reprogram my individual ringtones. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
B

brownyhound

Reaction score
I actually didn't get any answers from anyone, but I think I figured it out. I moved all the songs/files that I use for ringtones/notifications to the ringtones folder. Then, when I selected them, they show up in 'system ringtones' instead of having to go into music. That seems to have solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Chumbles

Reaction score
Ringtones resetting Droid RAZR

I actually didn't get any answers from anyone, but I think I figured it out. I moved all the songs/files that I use for ringtones/notifications to the ringtones folder. Then, when I selected them, they show up in 'system ringtones' instead of having to go into music. That seems to have solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Forgive me for the stupid question, but how do you do that? I am having the same problem and it's driving me nuts

Thanks!