My Rezound Went Flying Today

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by samiusmc, Feb 11, 2012.

1. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

I was at the gym on the elliptical machine listening to music with my Rezound sitting in the little holder. Some idiot dropped a 150 weight right in front of me that shook the ground and sent my Rezound flying through the air. It landed on hard carpet. At first I thought the screen was going to be cracked because I don't use a case and the ground there is very hard. I'm happy to say the Rezound came out without a scratch. This phone is more resilient than I thought.
  2. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

I dropped it from waist height onto ice...not even a scratch on the case.
  3. MarkS1110

MarkS1110 New Member

Mine fell from 6 feet up

Mine fell from 6 feet up on a shelf to the tile floor on Sunday. Battery and back cover popped off. No blood, no foul. Everything was in working order. [I then said a little pray of thanks] I was happy to see it alive. :icon_ lala:
  4. cp24eva

cp24eva New Member

it's all about that build quality. HTC might be a little heavier than other phones, but at least you don't hear tons of horror stories about cracks and stuff. I've drops mine a few times myself. Not a ding on it. Once dropped without a case, the others with a case
  5. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Yeah, that is one thing that is good about a battery cover that is not on tight...it will actually absorb some of the impact. A battery cover that pops off like that can actually be a good thing.
  6. Volkaru

Volkaru New Member

I dropped my first one onto concrete from about 4.5' up, landed on a corner, only a little scratch on the plastic, didn't restart or anything, no case at the time.