1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My red rage boot animation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bbohannon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bbohannon

bbohannon New Member

Can anyone tell me why mine is nearly 3 times as long as others on youtube? Mine feels like it takes forever to load and I am unsure why. I think it may have something to do with the desc.txt file that is included with the rage download. I downloaded the file from a separate source that most people originally downloaded the .zip file, so something may have been changed. My desc.txt file reads as follows:

480 854 210
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1

Further, mine sits on the last image for quite sometime... approximately 5 seconds or longer.

Here is the link to where I downloaded the animation from: http://www.mediafire.com/?qzmdyadynk2

any ideas?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

It takes forever because it's 210 frames per second....

Are you kidding me? Anything more than 60fps is completely useless and most look good at around 30fps.

{EDIT} Sorry for sounding rude, but 210fps blows my mind... {/EDIT}
  3. bbohannon

bbohannon New Member

Yeah well if I knew what any of the numbers meant I wouldn't have even posted this thread. As I stated, I downloaded the boot animation as is and did not touch any of the files including this txt file, much less knowing what it was.

Thanks
  4. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Hence the apology for sounding rude. The comments weren't directed at you as much as at who/wherever the boot animation originated. Does the animation run smooth after the long load? I will take a look at the animation and see what the deal is (if it's actually 210fps worth of images) tonight. I can't do it from where I am right now, but I will look at it for you tonight.

Are you good to go on the framerate thing or do you need a breakdown of all the elements in the desc.txt?
  5. bbohannon

bbohannon New Member

No need to apologize. I've been jacking with the desc.txt all afternoon and can't get a suitable bootanimation. I am convinced that I have a later version than most people and from the videos I have seen on youtube, mine appears to be ever so slightly different.

The animation has a whopping 330 images in the part0 folder; which is why I'm guessing they made it 210 fps. It takes forever for the darn thing to load so I messed with it all day and even at 400fps it takes 54 seconds to generate the part0 folder and it sits on the part1 image for damn near 25 seconds. Way too long for my patience... I even tried putting it down to 8fps which the original stickied tutorial suggested, and it doesn't even load the whole thing.

Does anybody have the original red rage bootanimation saved on their computer that they would be willing to zip the folder and send me the original pngs?
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  6. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

You might check with bill12690, he mentioned in my thread looking for submissions that he made a blue version, so chance are he has a copy of the original.

I will still take a look at it tonight if you want.
  7. bbohannon

bbohannon New Member

That would be helpful just to take a quick glimpse. This is my first go at bootanimations so it is still possible that I missed something
  8. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Setting it to 60 seems to work pretty well for me. I have about 20 seconds of the motorola M and then the animation runs about the perfect length with just a couple seconds of the final image.

{EDIT}You could always resize the images to 50% or 75% and let android do the upscaling. No guarantees on how good it will look, but it's always an option to reduce animation file size and loading time.{/EDIT}
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  9. hammo

hammo New Member

It has been a while since I've even looked at my files, but my explanation for the insanely high frame rate is this:

When I was creating the boot animation the Droid was not overclocked and fine-tuned like it is now. The only way to achieve a full view of the animation was to make an insane frame rate that chomped its way thru the images.

Also, one of the reasons for the lack of a more polished ending was that I could never achieve the loop I wanted due to the file size becoming both very bloated and overbearing for the phone.

I had to compress the images by an insane amount to get the phone to load each frame, as it simply couldn't handle showing 500kb files one after another.

Maybe I'll revisit the animation some day and work under the assumption of more power :)
  10. tormentor159

tormentor159 New Member

What did you change to 60? Sorry not very good at this.
  11. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

No worries, I didn't even think about the fact that I'm OC'ed to 800Mhz.
  12. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

The last number in the first line of the desc.txt
    Just change the 210 to a 60
  13. 00ssassin

00ssassin New Member

Sorry, change the 210 to 60
Search tags for this page
download red rage bootanimation
mod red rage boot animation
rage bootanimation sounds android
rage.zip mediafire bootanimation