My recovery wont work for some reason

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Met-Droid, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Met-Droid

Met-Droid New Member

I have BBV0.5 and have been running it for a month or two but rooted for the better part of a year on my OG Droid 1. Since the last backup I did on 11/26 I havent been able to use anything clockwork recovery, like it's broken. I cant manually boot into it(yes I know to hold x before power) or through rom manager. I cant even flash sprecovery to try and flash back to clockwork because I get the "error occured while flashing..." message. I tried going backwards with clockwork recoveries and can use 2.5.0.0 and 2.5.0.1 which I have now. This is killing me because I want to switch roms but I cant access my recovery, plus it worries me about the state of my phone.
    HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
  2. kepley

kepley New Member

I've had this problem as well. It's as if some of the CM Recoveries are corrupted. I'm actually using version 2.0.1.3 and it's been working flawlessly. Trying one of the older version may work out for you. :)
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    ROM Manager breaks recovery, backups, and can wreak all kinds of havoc on your phone -- even if you're not using it.

There are reasons I prefer SPRecovery. It simply "just works". Unfortunately it won't get your backups working as they're in different formats.

My suggestion is to flash alternate recovery and then clockwork, back and forth, 3x each. That usually clears up most errors; but if your backups are borked there usually isn't a fix. Good luck!
  4. Met-Droid

Met-Droid New Member

I keep getting the "an error occurred while flashing your recovery" message if that helps at all. I can't even flash to the older ones, though I haven't tried them all yet. I need to create a more recent backup so I don't lose everything from the last month and I can flash new ROMs.
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Try telling ROM Manager to fix permissions. If that doesn't fix it we may have to flash recovery via SBF.
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

This could be a stretch, but it did just happen to me. My situation was so bad that CWR became mostly non-functional. My 32g sd card became corrupt, and it caused all kinds of problems with CW. I was able to fix it by copying all of my "stuff" to the pc, and reformating my card in the pc. Then loaded my "stuff" back on the card and placed back in phone. Solved my problems. Just throwing this out, in case you decide you have to sbf.

Craig
Search tags for this page

recovery wont work for droid bionic