My Razr's nemisis

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you considered doing an fdr?? It will fix all software issues...

Has anyone seen date movie??? Lol... "but it will destroy all evil!!" Lmao :p yep I've gone crazy..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Make sure all of your media files are on the SD card. Unmount and remove the card. Reboot. If the problem stops, you have a media file that is protected by DRM . The media server is looking for permission for the file. It will keep searching until its found. There have been a few reports of these crazy battery drains. So far they have all had the media app as #1 or 2 battery drain.
It seems that ICS and DRM content do not play nice together.
If this works, you will have to figure out what media file is causing this before you can put your SD card back in.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but is there a list of all the media files and a procedure to making sure they are on the SD card? If this works I will send you some beer!

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok well I took the SD card out and rebooted the phone and so far no media process!! Now I need to figure out what file is causing the problem. Can I just go to system settings/storage and then manage internal storage to move any media files I have on the phone to the SD card? Are there any files that I should NOT move??

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I removed every single video, picture and mp3 file I could find in the internal storage and moved everything to the SD card but when I reboot I still get the media scanner process starting up and draining the battery. I opened every single folder in the internal storage and I don't see any other media file to move. It def stops when I unmounted the SD card though and starts back up when I remount it.

huskur

Reaction score
Transfer your critical files you a folder on your PC so you don't lose them and then use Windows to reformat the SD. Sometimes when downloading apps with airpush and even after deleting them it leaves hidden files on the SD that report back to the developer. If you format the SD and then put your files back on your problem will vanish

huskur

Reaction score
Also just for safety download an app called "airpush detector" and run it to make sure you don't have rogue reporting apps

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I have a app just like Airpush and it is not showing anything, but I will try airpush too and see if that app finds anything. I will copy all my folders from the SD card to the PC then do a format of the SD card followed by adding back one folder at a time to see if I can find the folder that has the problem in it. Does that sound safe to do?

huskur

Reaction score
I have a app just like Airpush and it is not showing anything, but I will try airpush too and see if that app finds anything. I will copy all my folders from the SD card to the PC then do a format of the SD card followed by adding back one folder at a time to see if I can find the folder that has the problem in it. Does that sound safe to do?

Your logic is solid

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok I wiped and formatted the SD card, rebooted the phone and NO MEDIA process!!!!! At this point I may not put anything back on the card just to be safe. I am charging the battery and will do a couple more tests but so far so good.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
More than likely, the DRM content will be either music or video. I don't know how to find the file though. Maybe using your PC to look at the properties of the music and video file, you might be able to tell.
Hopefully your battery will be back to normal.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
SO far so good, I shot some vids and took some pics today and the Media process hasn't started back up. I am a happy camper right now!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
After all that work, you deserve to be a happy camper. Here's to you never having that media process get out of control again.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Thanks, I can't begin to tell you what a pain this phone has been for the last few months. Before the update to ICS this process would turn on under the name RILD and do the exact same thing. Once the update hit I thought my phone would be fixed and when I saw no more RILD I thought I was all set until I realized it had just changed names. Anyway I am hoping I can just enjoy the phone now and not have to worry about a dead battery every few hours. Thanks everyone for the help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well, the more you know.. the better off you are.. :) and it sounds like you've just learned quite a bit :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!