My Razr MAXX has a horrible battery life! What's going on??

unAWARE

Reaction score
Phillies, I don't mean to sound rude to you in the least, but are you sure you have the MAXX? Maybe someone did a switcheroo on you and you ended up with an OG RAZR? Either that or you got a bad egg. I use mine constantly, at least 7 hours of use daily on average, and when I plug it in to go to bed, very rarely is it below 50 prevent. Either way I would try to swap it for a new one and try your luck. Hope all goes well for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
As the orginal poster of this thread here's a little update. After my Razr downloaded some kind of update this morning, turning off the GPS, and having the screen turn off at 30 seconds along with a darker screen this is what I have.

After 11 hours of using facebook, txting, zero phone calls and bascially no web browsing my battery is at 30%. Sadly, that is actually drastic improvement for me. But is that anything great?? Shouldn't any decent smart phone have a battery like that? What if I made some phone calls, streamed some video, etc?

Display took up 50% of battery with 3 hours and 47 minutes of on time. Facebook was next at 14%. The battery does charge slow due to it's large size but it seems to drain just as fast as the smaller batteries...

This is even close to being normal??
Its normal. Don't worry about it. My nexus would have died after 9 hour mark with that usage, and that's with extended battery.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
As the orginal poster of this thread here's a little update. After my Razr downloaded some kind of update this morning, turning off the GPS, and having the screen turn off at 30 seconds along with a darker screen this is what I have.

After 11 hours of using facebook, txting, zero phone calls and bascially no web browsing my battery is at 30%. Sadly, that is actually drastic improvement for me. But is that anything great?? Shouldn't any decent smart phone have a battery like that? What if I made some phone calls, streamed some video, etc?

Display took up 50% of battery with 3 hours and 47 minutes of on time. Facebook was next at 14%. The battery does charge slow due to it's large size but it seems to drain just as fast as the smaller batteries...

This is even close to being normal??

Try running your phone till it shuts off due to the battery completly draining. Then plug it in to charge leaving it off. Once its fully charged then turn it back on with it still plugged in to charger. Make sure it says its fully charged then disconnect. If this does not seem to help your situation the only thing I can suggest is taking it back for a return...

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
Phillies, I don't mean to sound rude to you in the least, but are you sure you have the MAXX? Maybe someone did a switcheroo on you and you ended up with an OG RAZR? Either that or you got a bad egg. I use mine constantly, at least 7 hours of use daily on average, and when I plug it in to go to bed, very rarely is it below 50 prevent. Either way I would try to swap it for a new one and try your luck. Hope all goes well for you.

I do indeed have the MAXX not the regular Razr. I did try draining the battery to zero but it didn't help. Guess it can't hurt to try bringing it back to the store and see what they say...

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I am happy to report that after doing the factory reset last night my battery life has seemed to improve greatly. I have been off charger for almost 12 hours and am at 70%. That is a great improvement...very very happy!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I do indeed have the MAXX not the regular Razr. I did try draining the battery to zero but it didn't help. Guess it can't hurt to try bringing it back to the store and see what they say...

I would do a factory reset before I bother taking it to Verizon. That's the first thing they will do anyway. Do that and then don't put any apps on it for a few days and see what your battery life does. If it's greatly improved, then add apps one at a time to see if any are misbehaving. Just my 2 cents.

honors21

Reaction score
I have been off the charger for 1 day 10 and a half hours with heavy use yesterday normal today.Now at 10%

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a bad battery.
I've had my phone on all night and day 17-1/2 hours and I've still got 25%.
Over 4 hours screen time, heavy use.

The real point is that with a normal 12 hour day you should never completely drain the battery. I always have 50% or more.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

revjim44

Reaction score
Definitely a bad battery. I got my Maxx on launch day, so I'm kind of past the constant use phase, and more at moderate use. My kids were watching Tangled on Netflix earlier, but for reference I'm at 50% battery, and it's been off the charger for 1 day 7 hours and 29 minutes. I've never dropped below about 60% with a single day of usage. It's connected to wifi while at home, but I leave 4G on when I'm not at home. Additionally GPS is always on as well. I'd toggle 4G if battery longevity was a problem, but I haven't needed to.

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
I would do a factory reset before I bother taking it to Verizon. That's the first thing they will do anyway. Do that and then don't put any apps on it for a few days and see what your battery life does. If it's greatly improved, then add apps one at a time to see if any are misbehaving. Just my 2 cents.

How can I go about doing a factory reset rather than going to the Verizon store today? Anyone think the Verizon store would do anything different besides a reset?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Nope a factory reset is the SOP. It's the first thing they'll do.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

felsx

Reaction score
Hi, since my area does not have 4G yet :angry:, I was wondering (for future reference) how does one toggle or turn 4G on / off?

Thanks.

Caesars

Reaction score
Exchange it, cleary defective unit ;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums