My Razr MAXX has a horrible battery life! What's going on??

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to use my phone much the past few days but I did drain the battery to 0 a few days ago and then did a full charge. I took my phone off the charge 5 hours ago this morning at 100% and did some very light facebook browsing and a few txts. I am now down to 80% with a display time of one hour. But if you look at the battery graphic in the top right corner, you would think my battery is at 90% or something like that. This can't be right....

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
Update... Since my last post 30 minutes ago my battery has since dropped to 70% with a little light facebook browsing.... something is wrong here. I checked to see what was eating up my battery and the biggest battery hog percentage wise if fb. But I guess that would make sense as I didn't use anything else... Could the fb app be doing something to drain my battery?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would uninstall FB and then re-install it. I had the same thing happen with weatherbug a while ago on my TB. It was using tons of battery life every time I opened it. A re-install did the trick for me. You can always try a hard reset and re-install all of your apps and start fresh. Sometimes that's the only cure.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
My battery was at 100% this morning when I unplugged from charger at 7am...I am now at 80% 5 hours later...all I have done is make 2 or 3 short phone calls...do some fb checking and some light web browsing. Does that seem like it is draining fast? I think so considering I really haven't done all that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
And as you can see, not only do I have a bad battery, but the battey icon graphic shows me as having ALOT more than 70% battery life!

2054.jpg

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
Got my maxx about two days ago and cant stop playing with it and my battery has yet to drop below 60% use... to save my battery i never have useless features turned on such as bluetooth, gps, 4g etc.. also downloaded the app advanced task killer and used the setting to kill apps every 30 min and when i go to sleep i put the phone in sleep mode and my battery has been great love the maxx

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have found the green battery icon to be not a good representation of what the true battery status is. Mine is currently at 30%, but the green icon looks more like 50%. I think that's just the way the phone is. I don't worry about it. I don't think you can say you have a bad battery without doing a hard reset and see if it's OK after that and before putting a bunch of apps on again.

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
If you know that you are going to be away from a charger and don't need data sync all day go to the market and download data enabler its a toggle for data. Saves alot on battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dogman356

Reaction score
This may or may not help you, but the first day or so I had the Maxx, the battery seemed to drain very quickly- at that, the phone was warm to the touch. I looked in Settings:Applications:Battery Use and found a weird "Contacts" something or other program that appeared to have been running constantly. I went over to the "running services" tab and closed the Contacts** and rebooted the phone. It went away and never came back and my battery life has been outstanding!! I don't regularly keep the GPS or WIFI on (unlimited data) unless I need it. Hope this helps

newtodroidx

Reaction score
My battery widget is the same way as yours...right now my battery app says I have 60% left but my pic of the battery on the phone looks like its saying I have 80% left. I don't know but I am not getting the battery life that I did the first few days after I received the phone. I used to get 30 to 32 hours on a charge and used it alot then and now my usage has slowed and I am not even getting 24 hours out of it. It makes no sense.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I noticed that my maxx is getting to be slow to respond and kinda clumsy. Especially on the home screen or online.. when its charging especially. It will continuously zoom in and out when I'm scrolling. It started right after the update... went away... came back. Annoying to say the least.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
30% battery after 12 hours with only some fb browsing and txts. No phone calls or anything plus a few of those hours I was even sleeping. I think I might try going to the verizon store tomorrow and see what they say... I still have a week to return it.... Biggest memory hog is the display which was on for 3 hours. And I even have the screen brightness dimmed.

Section_10

Reaction score
I believe I received one of the few Razr Minm models.
I can't report on status today since it took a while to drain remaining 5 percent, then spent hours charging, and now only at 40%. It definitely charges like a 3300mah...just doesn't perform like one. (unless its a hidden running app that drains)

Meanwhile I turned on my iPhone yesterday morning, its still at 80%, my Razr drained from 61 to 24 in the 8 hours of my precious sleep. Gonna go return, exchange possible, but they're not shipping to stores, ORDER ONLY status still..wonder why.

OP
P

Phillies

Reaction score
After 15 hours my Maxx is almost at a dead battery. That might be good if I was actually using it. Other than facebook and some txts I did nothing. I installed that bada$$ battery app and just looking at my screen I can see the steady drip on the battery. It appears that the display is the biggest battery hog. I did lower the brightness but that seems to have done little. I left the default setting of 1 minute before the screen goes off. Maybe change it to 30 seconds? Turn off GPS? But I don't think should be needing to go through all these hoops just to get a decent battery!

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Well charged to 100% last night been off of charger for an hour and a half with I quick email check, one quick Facebook check, web browsing for about 3 minutes and one 5 minute phone call I have already lost 10%. Something is def not right.