My RAZR is not allowing me to connect via USB! Computer not recognizing ext. storage

MaximusMax

Reaction score
Ok, may seem like a stupid question, but are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? Some cables only supply charging capabilities for these phones. You're always best using the stock OEM cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I actually laughed at this when I read it!!! You simply MUST be kidding, right??

Of course I *was* having this problem, or I would not have searched for this and landed here. I though, I'll prove this idiot wrong, looked at the cord I had mine plugged into, which was already plugged into the pc by someone else in the family, and sure enough it was some other cord that came with another device. I hunted down the chord that came with my Razr Maxx, and I knew it was the right one cause I left all of the stickers on it, and you ain't gonna bleed iss, SURE ENOUGH IT WAS THE STINKING CHORD!

Who knew... So even though this is old, and we never met, and I called you a moron, I am man enough to admit it was really me who was wrong...

Thanks for the help!

(Screw Apple. Android will rule the world)

romertz

Reaction score
and about he problem...?

Hi there....
have someone found the answer to the problem?
....I still have the cable working sometimes...
A response from tech support?

rmartinez620

Reaction score
when i connect my phone it just charges but the computer doesnt recognize anything being plugged in & the usb icon doesnt pop up on my phone. im trying to download music onto my phone, is there a solution or will i have to purchase a sd card? please help ASAP!

rgesner

Reaction score
Interestingly, the LG cable I was trying works just fine to connect my Samsung S3 to PC, but won't work with Razer Maxx. Samsung cable works with both.

lehacker

Reaction score
I have a motorola razr xt910 the gsm version, I rooted it and flashed a rom, the JellyWiz rom. For that rom, you needed to be on the .8 Christmas leak of the Verizon Jelly Bean update. So for that, i needed to wipe my cid to install it. After a few months, i decided to flash a new rom. First i booted into bootmenu recovery, restored my cid, did a full wipe and install the new rom which was mokee rom and install the 4.3 gapps. When i rebooted, a black screen came up saying that it was a boot failure. Then, i tried to connect it via my usb cable which is the blackberry cable, while in ap fastboot mode, it still said connect usb and the usb connection was not detected. I reinstalled the motorola device manager and motorla drivers a few times but didn't work. Btw, i don't have the motorola cable as mine broke so i tried it with a HTC cable and another pc. My friend also had another razr so i tested it and it could detect the usb connection in ap fastboot mode but my phone could'nt. So, I believe it is the usb port of my phone and not the software on my pc and my phone. Should i send it to motorola? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!