my razr is getting hot in 4-10 mins in normal usage and feels its gonna burn

yaterml

Reaction score
Definitely can be a snowball issue hit it with a snowball onetime with a well placed snowball and ka-blewy it just exploded, lol its all the heat the snowball generates they are dangerous, lol.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
this is gonna sounds crazy but what i do to my phone when it gets really hot from tethering 4g all day is i get a thin plastic sheet put it over my phone and then set a glass of cold ice water on top of the plastic. it works for me, but try at your own risk.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How do you check the internal temp?

An app like Androsensor it gsam.. or any of the battery temp/status apps on the play store :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
THANK U ALL GUYS ESPECIALLY MR 94lt1
Moderator !!!! :):) BUT I WANNA KNOW Y DOESNT THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS WITH ALOT OF MOTOROLA PHONES AS I READ ALOT OF ARTICLES ABOUT JUST THE SAME PROBLEM !!!

This is really because of the ti omap processor that's inside these devices.
Here's a comparison of the three most common processors on the market right now.... Fwiw, right now qualcom is topdog it seems...but soon Intel will be in the game... that will change everything... count on it.
http://androidandme.com/2012/06/sma...es-snapdragon-s4-is-coolest-kid-on-the-block/

jaybogg

Reaction score
This is really because of the ti omap processor that's inside these devices.
Here's a comparison of the three most common processors on the market right now.... Fwiw, right now qualcom is topdog it seems...but soon Intel will be in the game... that will change everything... count on it.
Qualcomm butter benchmark proves Snapdragon S4 is “coolest kid on the block” | Android and Me

I liked the thermal images, but gotta say, the butter was some showmanship for sure!:biggrin:

Reaction score
I had thermal protection kick on and once it did my battery went to crap. It wasn't holding a charge anymore really.

jtaz16

Reaction score
I live in Arizona, walking out in the sun going from class to class, my phone will literally burn my hands. But the reason for that is the screen, I could be using facebook and that's it and it burns up. Reason being is because there are numorous heat sorces (battery,screen,radios,charging) and with no heat sink. The product is compact the, Motorola made the thinnest smartphone, I don't care about the heat because its going to happen we use it all the time. When I used rooted android tethering I got it up to 137F.!( says battery widget).
And just a rule of thumb. Put it in your hands curl it up with them, your hands will be the fastest"heat sink " around besides a fridge. If your going to be outside all day trying to watch a movie dim the screen, find cover. And don't complain you have one of the fastest phones on the market to date, with the best brand for android out there. We are all faster than iPhones hands down!! Be proud! Ha dancedroid