My problems with BB0.5. I'd love if they could be fixed

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hexon, Oct 10, 2010.

1. hexon

hexon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always been a BB fan and have never used another ROM for more than a few hours. v0.5 though has forced me to move to another ROM. Let me just start out by saying that v0.5 had amazing battery life, probably the best I've ever had on any BB ROM. It was also very snappy.

Unfortunately, those pros weren't enough to outweigh the cons. I'm not sure what the issue were but v0.5 wasn't stable for me at all. I know a lot of people haven't had problems with it, but I have. I followed the set up directions word for word. I wiped data and catch (even 3 times) and waited for phone to restart without touching it. All the apps reinstalled correctly. However after using the phone for a few days the problems came. I got email.apk force closes constantly. Somehow it go deleted from my system folder. I reinstalled, which fixed it until it began force closing constantly again. Then android.process.acore began to force close constantly causing the phone to be completely unusable. I reinstalled the ROM exactly as I was supposed to just to make sure I didn't screw something up, and the same force closes occurred again after a few days. I probably reinstalled the ROM 3 or 4 times with the same results. Hopefully v0.6 will be usable for me :'-(

2. jeffcicale

jeffcicale Member

Ratings:
    +0

I had the same exact issues....what rom did you switch to? I'm back to BB v0.4 myself because I love the 928 black glass theme. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

#2 jeffcicale, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  3. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What kernel are you using?
    I'm on my second run with v.05, the first was unstable like your experience while using the included kernel. Since then I've reinstalled and am now using Slayher kernel 1.2ghz v1.6 with rock solid stability and performance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i was on actncrzy Project elite rom before coming back to bbv5 and its a great rom :). I will be trying out v3 when it comes out.

5. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Where you themed? What kernel were you using? Did you try fixing permissions?

You tell us specific problems without specifying what your configuration was... Apart from using BB v0.5, we have absolutely no idea what your configuration was to try and help you.

Unless you post specifics and details, you might as well just not post your problems at all...

6. jeffcicale

jeffcicale Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using the nextheme for bb v 0.5 running on chevys lv 1.1 ghz kernal. I also ran both patches from pete for bb0.5. Not being able to use email was the biggest issue after trying it again last night. It force closes when composing or replying to an email. I did try fixing permissions through rom manager with no luck. The other issues did not come up on my second try. Any suggestions?

7. SheemGlav

SheemGlav New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try using a higher-voltage kernel, like an SV kernel. I had the exact same problems with FC's but after i switched it runs buttery smooth.

8. jbcline

jbcline New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having these same problems until I did a complete backup and reformat of the SD card to eliminate an automatic reinstall of apps from backup locations. BB0.5 will search for and install apps found on the SD card which is what I believe was causing my problems.

Read this from Pete's website - Peter Alfonso

I know it's a pain to reinstall apps from the market but I use AppBrain for that. Sometimes you just have to start from scratch and BB0.5 has been running great since I did this. I am also now using the very lightweight ZEAM Launcher - Zeam Launcher - Android app on AppBrain - instead of LauncherPro and have eliminated my screen redraw problems.:)

9. pup154

pup154 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto, except I am still using LauncherPro. Everything is running great!dancedroid

10. jeffcicale

jeffcicale Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your responses. I'm going to try both recommendations and will use a standard voltage kernal. I will also backup the sd card, then wipe it so bb v0.5 doesn't reinstall any apps. I have a good feeling this will work....I did like the speed of the new beast! Will inform on how it goes.

11. Mace Windu

Mace Windu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    marker issues

After installing bb v0.5 I am unable to access the market. It says no matching content found in market.

Any suggestions? Thanks

12. irishlaxer

irishlaxer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you wipe the market data cache?