My phone won't upgrade to the new 2.3.4 update

ColeW123

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was told that my system needed to be updated. I clicked okay, and went to install it. About a second later my phone told me that it was already up to date. I know this isn't true because my friend has the same phone (Droid Incredible) and her phone is at the 2.3.4 patch, and mine is still stuck on 2.2.

Every time I go into settings -> about phone -> system updates, it says my phone is currently up to date.

Is there anyway I can manually download the patch?

Thank you for your time.

PeterGriffin

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. Here's what worked for me. 1) Uninstalled a few large apps. (even though I had 2/3 of internal memory free).2)Boot into recovery mode and Wipe cache partition. 3) Reboot and change system time to today's date in 2010 and wait about 30 seconds and check for update. Hope that helps.

hunterjjumper

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was told that my system needed to be updated. I clicked okay, and went to install it. About a second later my phone told me that it was already up to date. I know this isn't true because my friend has the same phone (Droid Incredible) and her phone is at the 2.3.4 patch, and mine is still stuck on 2.2.

Every time I go into settings -> about phone -> system updates, it says my phone is currently up to date.

Is there anyway I can manually download the patch?

Thank you for your time.

I had the same problem and followed the instruction in this post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...i-found-solution-forced-4-06-4-08-worked.html. I had to remove a lot from my phone and some to my SD card, I cleared most of the remaining applications. It took three tries for the update to finally install, but it worked and I am thrilled to have my phone back. Good luck!