My Phone Wont Boot Into ClockWork Recovery

martin2195

Reaction score
Ive had my phone rooted and ROM'ed and overclocked for about 2-4 months, no problems at all with the phone itself, it has been there for me and worked flawlessly whenever i needed it to do so...

But just today i wanted to go into recovery to install a ZIP, I went and turned my phone off and rebooted holding "X" and the power button, and it stays at the "M" logo instead of going into recovery...i also tried rebooting into recovery through ROM Manager and through my phones power off options, still no luck.
(My phone turns on normally, just not into Recovery mode)

(ClockWork Recovery)

I need help please,
Thanks in advance.

jr313

Reaction score
what you need to do is flash an older version of c.w. thru rommanager...just scroll down to the "more recoveries section" and flash the next one down under current c.w. and youll be able to access recovery...it does this from time to time i have no idea why though..that should help

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're using ROM Manager for anything you should probably consider getting rid of it. It borks from time to time, with results like your problem or worse. Do what jr313 said to get CW Recovery back on, or put SPRecovery on in its place, and go on from there.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Martin, did jr313's suggestion correct your problem?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try an older version. You may need to try several.

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try flashing to SPR then back to CW in Rom Manager, and then try to reboot recovery again

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try flashing to SPR then back to CW in Rom Manager, and then try to reboot recovery again
+1

If that doesn't work, try flashing SPRecovery and trying to get into recovery. If that doesn't work you may need to flash SPRecovery manually via MotoCache1's SBF file/guide just to get back into recovery.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
<snip> If that doesn't work you may need to flash SPRecovery manually via MotoCache1's SBF file/guide just to get back into recovery.
FYI furbearingmammal (and the readers), there's a way to flash SPRecovery manually WITHOUT using RSD Lite . . . One just needs to have the flash_image binary and the SPRecovery *.img file, and well of course adb shell.