1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Phone will not boot up

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Slimjimmike1, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Slimjimmike1

Slimjimmike1 New Member

Lastnight before I went to bed I was listening to Google Play Music and after a few songs it stopped playing. My phone was being unresponsive so I force restarted it. Since then it has not been able to boot up. The farthest it goes is to the pusling atom thing.

I tried formatting the cache and that did not fix my problem. Is there anything else I can do to fix it without having to do a factory restore?

I also downloaded Matts Recovery Utility, if I run the utility "with no data wipe" will it patch my android software so it will fix whatever corrupt file I have on it without deleting all of my stuff on my phone?

I have Droid Razzr Maxx, unrooted, and running Jelly bean 4.1.2. Thanks in advance for the help
  2. FoneHome

FoneHome New Member

The same exact thing is happening to me; only I wasn't listening to music, I was calling someone important and it just shut off after the first two rings! I seriously hope it won't come to having to do factory reset, for your sake or mine.
  3. TECHTOM

TECHTOM New Member

Unfortunately I don't think there is another way of fixing it without factory resetting the phone. If you do reset I suggest you root your phone. With it you can backup your apps and their save data. Thats all I can help with :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. FoneHome

FoneHome New Member

How do you root the phone?
  5. TECHTOM

TECHTOM New Member

6. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Member

Try performing a bootloader restart, then see what happen once you select RESTART from the menu.
    Usual operation is begun by holding the VOLUME DOWN button and the POWER button, releasing on restart.
    Starting up in the bootloader screen may point you to other solutions in the highlighted menu.
    Wiping of the Dalvik Cache, wiping the system cache and a factory reset (last resort).
    If nothing works, try saving your data if you use an SD card, and port that data to your PC, format the card and wipe the phone if nothing resolves your problems.
    I would hope you do not need to perform a factory reset, that involves a lot of work, and should be the very LAST thing you should do if possible.
  7. Slimjimmike1

Slimjimmike1 New Member

What I ended up doing is running this and reinstalling Jelly Bean and it is working flawlessly now. I tried factory reset and that did not work at all. Really easy to do and took only a few minutes. I got a firmware update from Verizon a few days ago not sure if that has anything to do with my problem last week, maybe it got corrupted while downloading not sure.

Goodluck!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html

I clicked on "Batakang" since it was quickest download and the youtube movie is good to watch so you can do it the same time as the guy. Most of my stuff I had saved on my sd card so I didn't lose anything but my contacts.
  8. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Member

happy to know you are up and running once more, and your recovery was also painless.
    1 person likes this.
  9. jav1

jav1 New Member

get he utility from
Search tags for this page

andriod phone not booting up solution

android not booting up

android phone does not boot

android phone will not boot
android phone wont boot
can i save data from non booting phone
help fix my infinix phone