My phone thinks I'm on vacation...

Anna7

Reaction score
I have a razr maxx, I love it. The only issue is that my GPS (I'm using verizon and google GPS services) thinks that I'm in Cambridge, MA. I live and work in Bensalem, PA. I don't usually leave Bensalem. Why does it think I'm in Massachusettes? I've tried to turn off both GPS, only 1 GPS, turn the phone off, everything I can think of, and it refuses to know where I am. It has gotten specific enough to give me a street address in somewhere in Cambridge, but it can't find me in Pennsylvania.

Any ideas? Any advice? The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is to factory reset, but I'd really like to avoid that.
Thanks.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So when you open Maps it detects the wrong location? Turn off whatever VZW nav apps you have and just use gps and wifi for location.

OP
A

Anna7

Reaction score
It's not even just the maps. I have the 3D flip clock and weather widget that shows the weather at my current location, and that thinks I am in Massachusettes. I also had a smart action set, and the location on that says I am in Massachusettes. So, you're saying I should turn off the nav functions, and just try the GPS?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm I have no experience using the smart actions. I would just recommend turning off all settings except your data. Turn on just GPS through settings/location and see what it picks up. Let me also get some more views to help out.