my phone keeps turning off by itself !!!

ygee

Reaction score
HELP !! i got my droid two days ago and the first day it turned off by itself then it turned on and it worked fine now today I'm in the car and it starts acting funny so i turned it off and when i turn it back on it goes to my home screen and turns back off and turns on by itself about three times and wont turn on no more i take out the battery and SD card and the same thing happens and when its working fine it says that the SD card may have encounter same errors or its damaged .. I'm going crazy i try doing everything and still nothing ... any suggestions? and other thing my phone is on loud when some one calls or texts my phone only vibrates
lipsrsealed.gif
please someone HELP!!!:mad:

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, but I would take it back to Verizon immediately and ask for a new (not refurb) one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Try reformatting your sd card.it seems to have gone corrupt and could be causing issues

Quick edit: try settings>sd card and storage> format sd card, if you can get that far without it turning off

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Another quick post, youll have to unmount the card before you can format it.

OP
Y

ygee

Reaction score
i can't format or unmount my SD card i dont know why though as soon as the problem with my phone happened that it kept turning off and so it said checking for errors or your SD card is damaged. but when my phone stayed on for awhile i went to setting>privacy>factory data reset>and erased everything. its working fine for now except its the same problem with my SD card still.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can mount/connect your phone to your computer you should be abel to format. If not, you can purchase a card holder for about $10 and insert into your computer

OP
Y

ygee

Reaction score
believe me i already tried to see if i can mount on my computer and nothing . im planning to buy a new SD card should i? to see if its that problem that my SD card is really damaged?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That may work. Another option take your phone to VZW and ask them to reformat the SD card for you.

OP
Y

ygee

Reaction score
ok thanks . i will do that. right now im afraid to download apps thinking everything will happen all over again.

OP
Y

ygee

Reaction score
okay i will thank you guys so much. i will inform you what else happens pray to God everything works out fine.:heart:

naknak95

Reaction score
I am having this problem too, and I have a iPhone 4 as a backup phone. I'm tempted to use that until HTC or Verizon comes out with an update, but I'd rather have my Thunderbolt :), I'm still trying a couple things to see what might be causing it, or if it's just the update. I'll post again if I find anything.

naknak95

Reaction score
I am having this problem too, and I have a iPhone 4 as a backup phone. I'm tempted to use that until HTC or Verizon comes out with an update, but I'd rather have my Thunderbolt :), I'm still trying a couple things to see what might be causing it, or if it's just the update. I'll post again if I find anything.

Alright, I found a few other people who did factory resets after they did the OTA Update, and had no problems after that. I don't want to lose all my apps and stuff if it doesn't work, but if it does, let me know.