My phone keeps locking when I'm using it !!!

PaulQ

Reaction score
When I am in the middle of using my phone, it will just dim the screen and lock ... like in the middle of me doing something.

I tried extending the screen timeout to 10 min and it seems to do it less. Is this some sort of bug where when the screen times out, it just locks regardless of what you are doing?

(Droid Pro, v2.2)

smiller136

Reaction score
I don't know why your phone is locking up but you might want to try Screebl in the marketplace. It might help. Good luck!

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
Are you using an app that disables the screenlock?

I have No Lock installed because I was trying it for another reason but I had it set to not be active/on. Let me uninstall it and report back!

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Are you using an app that disables the screenlock?

I have No Lock installed because I was trying it for another reason but I had it set to not be active/on. Let me uninstall it and report back!

Yea, figured No Lock would be the culprit. I have it on my D2 and the app glitches once in a while. What I have found that does the trick (with No Lock) is I place the No Lock widget on a homescreen and maybe once a day simply enable it, lock my screen, then wake the screen/unlock it, and then finally go back to the widget and disable.

No need to un-install and re-install, its a useful app........and it is free. If you are looking for another app that does the trick and doesn't glitch like that I would recommend Extended Controls.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
It appears to be working now. Whew.

I actually don't need No Lock because it doesn't do what I want - disable the slide lock but keep the pattern lock.

Again, thanks to all. This forum is VERY helpful.

payezwh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lenovo phab
my lenovo keeps locking itself too.. i already downloaded screebl but it useless. how can o overcome it please!!!!!!!!!! help me!!!!

PixelOfficial

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy J5
I've been using my 2015 samsung galaxy j5 for about two years now and very recently I've experienced an issue like this one and my phone goes to the lock screen and says the connected to *my internet* and i haven't downloaded any apps such as 'No Lock' and i would really appreciate some help for this issue. The only thing i think it could be is the app 8-ball Pool. i got the app a week ago and around the same time this issue started occuring. i may need to factory reset my phone but i hope it doesnt resort to that

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
try
  1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy J5;
  2. Press and hold simultaneously the Volume Up, the Power, the Home buttons;
  3. When the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates shortly, let go of the Power button and keep holding the two others;
  4. When you’ve entered the Recovery Mode you can let go of all the buttons and start scrolling down from the Volume Down button;
  5. Select the Wipe Cache Partition;
  6. Tap the Power button;
  7. Select Yes;
  8. Tap the Power button again;
  9. Wait for it to wipe the cache and reboot;
  10. Since you’ll still be in the Recovery Mode, select the Reboot System Now and this one will bring you to the normal running mode.
the above stolen from
Samsung Galaxy J5: How To Clear Cache

Daria91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S 5 mini
I had the same problem with my Samsung s 5 mini and couldn't fix it. It seems I tried all the methods...

martinsmith

Reaction score
Website
www.wenso.co.uk
Current Phone Model
Lenovo
Twitter
Wenso_Smith
try
  1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy J5;
  2. Press and hold simultaneously the Volume Up, the Power, the Home buttons;
  3. When the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates shortly, let go of the Power button and keep holding the two others;
  4. When you’ve entered the Recovery Mode you can let go of all the buttons and start scrolling down from the Volume Down button;
  5. Select the Wipe Cache Partition;
  6. Tap the Power button;
  7. Select Yes;
  8. Tap the Power button again;
  9. Wait for it to wipe the cache and reboot;
  10. Since you’ll still be in the Recovery Mode, select the Reboot System Now and this one will bring you to the normal running mode.
the above stolen from
Samsung Galaxy J5: How To Clear Cache

Thanks for sharing the useful information..

Wilsondrake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
A lot of times the apps which are made for a purpose dont really serve the purpose but actually are just making money out of ads.

annakath007

Reaction score
hello every one hope you all are fine
first you turn off your mobile phone at least 5 to 10 minutes and then turn on
if this help full pleas let me know