My phone is blocked-answer question-enter google account details

haramo

Reaction score
Dear

My Sony Xperia ( Sony ericsson ST25i ) is blocked. After the children were playing with it, my phone started to ask me to answer question (unlock with security question) or to enter google account details (unlock with google account details).

Thing is that I once made a gmail account for the phone but never really used it, So I don't even know what my email was. the question is 'what is your place of birth?'.

But I did not really put my place of birth as an extra security but now me myself cannot enter my phone anymore!!.

Is there a way to reset my phone? Even if I loose my data on it, but I want to be sure the method is not a risk to destroy my phone.

Please help me with this.

subspace

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi. Well you can do three things:

- look in your usual email account for a letter from Gmail around the time when you first got the phone. It will be titled "Your new Gmail account has been created..." or something like that. That will be your recovery email, which Google asks for and which should make getting your stuff back a lot easier

- enter the device without your google account and reset it from the settings

- if you cant find the recovery address letter, just reset you phone to the factory defaults by going into recovery (serach google for phonename enter recovery) and resetting from there

Last edited:
OP
H

haramo

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the possibilities.

Well how can I enter the phone if it's showing only the google account and question messages?

Third method you mention is probably the best to do. Will it damage my phone? I mean is this reset method an official method from Sony?

I also took some time to search for 'enter recovery on sony ericsson st25i or sony ericsson st25i enter recovery but most links are about unlockin the phone? I mean with some kind of firmware, something about bootloader, ... ? Can I just pust some buttons together to reset the phone?

Last edited:
OP
H

haramo

Reaction score
Well, I managed to solve the problem , I just updated the newest firmware with SUS and I had two choices: keep everything and install or delete everything and install. So I took the last option, and phone is online :).

I hope others can be helped with this simple solution, if you don't mind that you data will be erased. I'm not sure if the first option wil help .. . But the audio files are still on the phone, So the first option did not really deleted everything.. .

Thanks anyway for the effort.