My Phone Explorer

bigmac007

Reaction score
Okay, NOTHING is working right on this phone and I'm about to throw it in the lake. Latest issue: I installed My Phone Explorer and can't get it to sync my contacts with Outlook 2007 (on my PC w/o exchange). Can I get some instructions on how to do this? I've tried via Wifi and USB. I'm just about ready to go back to Blackberry. Never had so much difficulty.

KLBailey

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I have never missed my Blackberry so much. This is the buggiest darn phone I've ever owned. Everyones solution is to download an app or root instead of expecting the phone to work as is.

I want my Blackberry back.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate wasting time trying to get things to work. The Droid seemed so cool at first, but I just need something that can get the job done...

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I also miss an easy Outlook sync. Im considering using this My Phone Explorer app, however I havent had much luck finding others that are using it without any issues.

Each outlook sync app Ive looked at has issues, either they are expensive, or they only sync to the cloud, or they dont sync everything (such as tasks and memos), or the phone app has a lousy UI, or they have issues syncing to 64bit Win7.

I am surprised that somebody hasnt created an Outlook sync program for Android that actually works. Most users seem to think that gmail/calendar is a good replacement for Outlook.

I like this phone, but only if you dont try to use it as a PIM with Outlook.

KLBailey

Reaction score
GPS loses signal, usually when I'm the most lost, so I still keep my garmin in the car. Music player works intermitenly so I still carry my iPod. When I use the book reader it freezes up so I still carry my old ereader. When I answer a call the other person can't hear me. Why did I bother?
I want apps to enhance the phone, not fix it.
Rant over. Thanks for listening. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Okay, I downloaded My Phone Explorer Client and am trying to set up sync with Outlook 2007. When I launch the app, nothing happens. So I go into the status bar and it says "My Phone Explorer is waiting for connection". When I click on that it shows red "x" over the Wifi and USB icons. Under USB it says "USB cable plugged in, USB debugging disabled!". I don't know what that means...but in any case I cannot get past this "waiting for connection" status.

Help!

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Why post, if you're not going to help?

A little snarky...

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
The problem I have with gmail is I can't use it to sync my contacts. I export from Outlook and import into Gmail and it puts all my email addresses in the "notes" section. So there's nothing in my email fields on the phone. Yep, that means I have to enter email addresses manually.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Try going to settings, applications, development and make sure usb debugging is checked. Then try the app again and see if it works. But i hate to agree with xliderider but why a new thread?

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Thanks. I gave it a shot...it removed the red "x" but didn't solve the problem.

I restarted the post to start fresh with a more detailed explanation of the issue. Didn't think it was a big deal. Still don't.

Found a better solution that doesn't use 3rd party apps and requires less than 60 seconds a day. I'll be going with that from now on.

schatzy62

Reaction score
I restarted the post to start fresh with a more detailed explanation of the issue. Didn't think it was a big deal. Still don't.
but at that point i have had to read two threads rather than just one to get the whole story

Found a better solution that doesn't use 3rd party apps and requires less than 60 seconds a day. I'll be going with that from now on.
And now you have started yet another thread (3rd) thread so now i have to go read that one to figure out what you are doing. It would be MUCH MUCH MUCH easier for all of us to follow if you had it all in one thread.

And as it is your free way of doing it in your third thread also does not work very well when going from phone to outlook, as it does not pick up any contact that came in from facebook and it does not pick up contacts without a phone number. Or at least that is the way it works on my phone so in my case it is totally useless.

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
My "3rd thread" has nothing to do with My Phone Explorer genuis, that's why I didn't put it there. All it does is tell someone how to simply transfer contacts from Outlook to the Phone. It was meant to be helpful and easy to find as that process cannot easily be found (if at all) anywhere else. As far as going from phone back to Outlook, that's why I said "in theory"...because I hadn't verified it. If you wanted to be helpful, why didn't you just post that the reverse procedure didn't work on the appropriate thread instead of whining about it here?

I'm glad to see you have declared yourself the official voice of "everyone". My guess is that anyone looking to simply transfer contacts from Outlook to Droid will be glad that I took the time to put together succinct/specific instructions that don't require reading through dozens of posts (none of which worked for me). And by the way, you'll notice my responses to posts that didn't work were met with a word of thanks, not words of criticism. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't consider you to be the authority on forum etiquette.

Nevertheless, your feedback (however combative and self-indulgent) is noted. I will delete the first MPE post. And I'll thank you to avoid my posts in future.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a general statement - let's keep it friendly in here :)