My phone doesn't seem to ring with incoming calls anymore

OP
Adam74

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
What timing!!! I was just typing this out... Not an overwhelming # of calls, but the phone has rang every time and my slide to answer has appeared every time. I'd say your answer was the way to go after all. Thanks again Jonny Kansas and keep warm!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I thought you might be typing, since I just got notified that you liked my post. Haha! Had to beat you to it.

No problem! Glad it's working so far. Shame that an FDR is required in these situations, but, like I said, seems to do the trick and is a great way to clear the clutter anyway.

As for staying warm, I'm doing my best. Finally got over 20 today. No worries though. I'm headed home to Kansas on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, so I'll get at least a small break. Take care yourself too!

OP
Adam74

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Ha!! No problem. I agree. The FDR is not high up on the fun list, but it is a great way to reset the system. It seemed easier this time to get my setup back and it's good practice for the next big update. Enjoy! We may hit mid 40's tomorrow so it should help clean up the roads for your trip. Thanks again!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
We may warm up enough to get some rain, but they're talking snow again Monday and Tuesday, like 90% chance. Of course, they always forecast for the entire U.P. and we never get as much as the rest, so hopefully it'll be North of us as I plummet South.

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
Mine just started this. I don't believe the update had anything to do with it. I think it's the freaking FB messenger and it making phone calls through its app. I can't figure out how to shut the data phone off in it. I might have to toss the app.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Mine just started this. I don't believe the update had anything to do with it. I think it's the freaking FB messenger and it making phone calls through its app. I can't figure out how to shut the data phone off in it. I might have to toss the app.

Have you actually been using the Messenger app to make calls or have you received calls through it? I've had Messenger installed on multiple devices since it was in beta, way before it had all the features that require it to ask for the permissions that everyone freaked out about when they transitioned.

Anyway, I've never made or received calls through Messenger, but I've had no issues with my phone not ringing while it's installed, so that's why I ask if you've actually used the feature.

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
Have you actually been using the Messenger app to make calls or have you received calls through it? I've had Messenger installed on multiple devices since it was in beta, way before it had all the features that require it to ask for the permissions that everyone freaked out about when they transitioned.

Anyway, I've never made or received calls through Messenger, but I've had no issues with my phone not ringing while it's installed, so that's why I ask if you've actually used the feature.

I mistakenly used it clicking on the phone symbol after someone messaged me. I thought I would be making a normal phone call. After that last week, I have missed a couple phone calls because it never rang. I never used that FB messaging app until my friend used it all the time. I believe it's the reason why my battery consumption has drastically increased too.

OP
Adam74

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Interesting. I don't believe i have the FB messaging. I know after a FDR, mine seemed to work, but then this past weekend, it reverted back to not ringing, or no slide to answer on calls. I'm going to replace it when I get a minute to run to a store.

OP
Adam74

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
So today, I finally got a second to go to a Verizon Store. So after a frustrating experience I explained in another thread, I spoke to Customer Service. I may have a solution!!!! A setting with call rejection had been changed!!! We shall see if this does it!! I'm so excited!!! So if anyone has an issue like this, I can walk through the process.