1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My phone doesn't boot

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dakmary, Jan 29, 2010.

1. dakmary

dakmary New Member

I found a nice thread here that helps you to change the fonts in few steps (using Gscript). it worked fine.
    viewtopic.php?f=211&t=1443&p=20751#p20751

i wanted to change the font again back to the old one. so I deleted the new font from the folder on the SD card and added the old font.

BINGO

my Milestone doesn't boot now.. It cant pass the Motorola logo.

I pressed the power and the camera buttons and did wipe data and wipe partition.. but still no luck.. :s

Now What..

PLEASE HELLLLPP
  2. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

Did you get help?

Hi,

Did you get help? I think I'm in the same position, and dunno what to do at the moment. I can still get in to recovery mode. Did you try wiping data from there?

SOLUTION FOR NO-BOOT MOTOROLA MILESTONES

Is your phone in constant reboot, or never gets past the Android boot animation?

A quick fix in the steps below.

1. First of all, take out your SDCard and put in the latest http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=1617. In the zipfile you see there are 2 files, put both of these in your root (just open up your card and paste the files).

2. Download the http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html, install and apply all the updates needed.

3. Download a nandroid backup (if you already don't have one) from http://www.alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=1808. Put this on your SD card aswell. I had to put it in nandroid/backup/console=ttyS2,115200n8/[BACKUPFOLDER HERE].

4. Open up command prompt (type cmd @ run or search, depending if you're using WinXP or Vista/Win7). Go to your location where you installed the android SDK, e.g. "cd c:\program files\AndroidSDK\". From here, type adb shell.

5. After typing ADB shell you will see a # in front of everything you write. This means you have root access to your phone, congrats!
    write
    Code:
    The nandroid-mobile.sh --restore
    Just tap enter once more to see the latest backup, and enter again to choose to recover with that backup-file. You can also be more specific and write which one you want to use.

Let the update process finish, and your phone will be usable again! I am happy like **** right now.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

The only other times I've seen were people have not been able to get past the moto logo is from a completely drained battery. Put the phone on the charger and leave it be for several hours (when not able to boot the charging rate slows down to a trickle and it takes a LONGGGGGG time). 'fingers-crossed' but you should be okay.
  4. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

Thanks for the reply KZIWarrior, but I had about 60% left, and I'm pretty sure I screwed it up while messing with system files. I'm reading about nandroid backup now, so hopefully I can revert to an old backup straight from recovery mode.

I don't have an old backup though, so I'm checking on line...
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

You can download virginoembackup from the first link in my signature and use that one if you have to. Not sure how well that will work though because you have a milestone and I have the Droid. but it might be worth trying AS A LAST RESORT. Assuming it's either that or buy a new phone.
  6. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

Great!

Have you done this before by the way? I found some milestone backups, but I have no idea how to apply it without a fully functioning phone? Wonder if I even need any functionality for a recovery.
  7. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

If you don't have root and SP recovery installed you can't really use the backups.
  8. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

I have root, don't know if wiping takes that away though...

Sprecovery nope, so i guess I'm ****ed.
  9. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I don't think people with Milestone's can use SPRecovery......
  10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Well like I said, I wasn't even sure it would work. Don't have a milestone to try it on.
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Milestone's aren't even capable of flashing custom ROMs from what I've read....

Motorola made it this way...and if you don't have SPRecovery and your phones are in this state, I would say that there is no hope... :(
  12. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

:-/ Ahh well, my own fault. This guy wrote on a forum that all you needed to do was to install some .so files, some apk files and you would get live wallpapers. I don't even have a live phone anymore.

As much as I'm pissed about wasting 400£, it's a great phone. Now I just need to buy another one...

Edit: When I actually can afford it I mean, I am not a rich man.
  13. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

I just did virginoembackup restore today.
    I was having several problems and decided a clean restore might set me straight.
    It did just that. I'd recommend not wiping data and cache (at least not at first) and see what a simple virgin restore gets you. I use a paid app "My Backup Pro" and had all my data and apps sitting on my pc hard drive and sdcard because I knew wiping data and cache would result in a clean install. No apps on any screens, no system settings, no call logs, etc. Just a rooted phone with SU rights.

So, I spent most of the day watching the Olympics and re customizing the phone.
    I'm currently using BB .7.5 and I'm still having wireless problems. Installed ADB and that twilan_drv.ko file replace didn't help. Still searching on that one. Took me hours to get adb running. Oh well, it's all fun.

Best of luck.

Edit: Wow. six minutes and there are about six posts added. I'm way out of date in this digital age.
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Take it to the store or call Verizon and try to get them to replace it.
  15. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

Milestone, in exact situation as mine. He used ADB Recovery and it worked again! I'm gonna check it out now
  16. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Be wary. I'm not sure if this was your issue, and it won't help much, but I've been trying to wrap my noggin around mtdblocks, and the Milestone uses the mtdblocks differently than the droid. If you are following Droid instructions with terminal commands on a Milestone, bad things can happen.
  17. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

I'm specifically doing the Milestone backup...waiting for the damn shop to open so i can buy an SD card reader...can't put the recovery update.zip inside my card haha
  18. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

I bet it works out! And if not, we'll find some other way. Let us know how it goes!
  19. Nimsim

Nimsim New Member

Awesome, thanks for all the quick replies guys. Didn't expect answers this fast
  20. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

That's how we roll on Droidforums.
Search tags for this page
android doesnt start
droid 2 doesnt boot
droid phone doesn't boot up
droid x doesnt want to boot it
i booty finishes but phone doesn;t boot.
milestone 2 doesn't initiate
moto droid doesn't boot

motorola droid doesn't boot

my android doesn't reboot
my android phone doesnt starts
my phone doesn't boot
my reboot recovery in android doesn't open
rezound doesnt boot
what is wrong with my android why doesn't it boot
why doesn't my motorola droid boot?