My phone call w/ Verizon just now.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel so sure that having an appointment is a sure thing. I had an appointment this past Friday to get one. I do not have my Galaxy Nexus.

Not saying that it is a sure thing it will or will not release tomorrow, just don't want you to get your hopes up too high because of an appointment. I think they just make appointments in the case that IF it does release, that specific salesperson can get your business and in turn commission. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, they get more money for making sales, so they try and lock down sales by making appointments... the only bad part is that they seem to be making these appointments a bit too eagerly.

Either way, Good luck! My store told me to come in tomorrow as well, so I'm crossing my fingers.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just called the kiosk in my local COSTCO in redding, ca. They said they placed an order and will have them in store on the 21st. Apparently I am getting one the 21st!

Only the dead have seen the end of war ... and trolls :)

mrmark27

Reaction score
I feel like the issue with calling some stores is, the employees probably are not technically supposed to tell customers any information about it. Hence why a lot of stores say they don't know anything. Then, some employees figure, maybe if I tell this customer something and they come in I can make the sale and get commission.

So, maybe some employees follow the rules better than others? :icon_ devil: Just a guess though!

I was thinking something along these lines also. If they were told not to say anything about the phone, why say it over the phone where theres probably a good chance the calls are recorded, especially 611 calls. Your best chance at getting some info is going in to talk to a rep at the store where they're not being recorded and might have some luck getting them to spill the beans.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that "We" as Verizon customers are paying premium pricing on phone plans due to these ridiculous, and constant calls to customer support for no good reason. You want to be the first to get it?!?!? What is your real concern? Why are you trying to have a battle of wits with a Verizon CSR person about a phone you want to buy, or be the first to buy??!? IMO, you guys are really just wasting your time. Just wait for it to be released!

These " My call to Verizon Rep" Threads are just plan retarded. I feel dumber after reading them.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that "We" as Verizon customers are paying premium pricing on phone plans due to these ridiculous, and constant calls to customer support for no good reason. You want to be the first to get it?!?!? What is your real concern? Why are you trying to have a battle of wits with a Verizon CSR person about a phone you want to buy, or be the first to buy??!? IMO, you guys are really just wasting your time. Just wait for it to be released!

These " My call to Verizon Rep" Threads are just plan retarded. I feel dumber after reading them.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

mtnbst

Reaction score
local corporate VZ called me

Just received a phone call from VZ, told me he opens at 10am and they will sell me one. THey received confirmation late this afternoon

and you are now dumber for having read this

Nuberfin

Reaction score

I like how the word "plain" is misspelled right next to the word "retarded". Classic!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums