my phone ate my nandroid back up

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I had a gummi nandroid backup...i renamed it gummi instead of the date being the name..
After I typed gummi it said gummi .36.....no idea why..
When I went to restore it said md5 mismatched..then it took me to advance restore. To which I had 3 options-
Restore data
Restore system
Restore cache

What do i do and how did this happen?

moccor

Reaction score
I had a gummi nandroid backup...i renamed it gummi instead of the date being the name..
After I typed gummi it said gummi .36.....no idea why..
When I went to restore it said md5 mismatched..then it took me to advance restore. To which I had 3 options-
Restore data
Restore system
Restore cache

What do i do and how did this happen?
Pretty sure it's due to you renaming it and renaming it back to exactly how it was should fix it. But if you don't remember the exact name, including any dashes, then this should help - [How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore - xda-developers. It's a pain in the ass, but it worked for me when I got that error. Though sometimes the error does randomly happen. This was Very long ago and happened to me only once, so I can't really be of more help

moccor

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I just entered what it said to enter in ADB, inside a terminal on the phone, and everything went fine.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Thanks...so I would type in the "2010-2.29.20" date part? And that's it?
At work right now

moccor

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you just open terminal and do these commands -

su
cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53
rm nandroid.md5
md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

I haven't did it in a while though so I don't remember much, except I had that bookmarked because it helped me lol. But you have to substitute the nandroid folder name for the folder that your nandroid is in.