My Origingal Droid Is Now "Retired"

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bdholsin, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bdholsin

bdholsin New Member

I finally picked up a Droid 3 today. I'm relegating my original Droid to the "miscellaneous stuff" drawer. I'll probably use it as a wi-fi only device for my boys when we're on the run. I will still be able to use it for watching movies and stuff and even sideload some apps for them.

The 'ol girl just couldn't do what I asked any more and figured it was time to upgrade. On a bright note, I'm highly pleased with the D3. It's crisp and fast but my original will always be my first AOSP device.
  2. mwahlquist

mwahlquist New Member

See my recent post. I thought the same thing. Flash back to unrooted stock recovers the device back to out of the box state. Somewhere along the line of "wiping", we have been lied to. My device also became unusable. It is now perfect again. If you have a return policy, I'd at least try recovering the og droid, returning the 3 and holding out for the Prime. Your choice though, my boss has a D3 and loves it, but who knows if it will ICS.

Like I said, Mine was UNUSABLE. Flashed every ROM i could find with correct wiping procedures, etc. RSDlite back to stock (details in my post) saved the day.
  3. gsdreams

gsdreams New Member

Its always interesting to watch how every time a new phone is coming and someone upgrades everyone tells then they should have waited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. mwahlquist

mwahlquist New Member

Possible "could" have, not should have. His phone, his choice! Until recently I didn't think I had a choice, and it seems he assumed hardware failure, as I did. Just sharing that it might not be the case.

But since you brought it up. The release of the Nexus Prime for ICS may be the biggest release since the D1. Tons will be moving to it, both as an upgrade and some even paying full price. I think we will see massive amounts of custom ROMs etc.

Many phones since have tried to replicate the "following" of the og droid. Finally, I think we have a winner that may stick.

Every corporation in the marketspace (including mine), and most devs are moving to this handset as personal use as well as dev. That couldn't happen with Honeycomb (not for phones), and didn't with Gingerbread or Froyo either. We are about to relive the excitement of the original droid all over again and I think many may be disappointed to not be along for the ride.

Just my opinion, enjoy whatever phone you like!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

One of them being this guy here!

>> Xoomin' <<