My open letter to AT&T regarding merger

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
The funny part of the equation is that where I currently live if you have Verizon you are going to ATT. If you have Alltel then you will be transitioned to Verizon, but not until after the Verizon/ATT transition is complete.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Or they should allow you out of your contract.

ATT will allow me out of my contract, but not until after they port my number to them, and activate the phones they send me. At that point I can port my number back to Verizon.

It is going to be a hassle, but in the end I will be contract free with a three month old D2.

cpjr

Reaction score
Or they should allow you out of your contract.

ATT will allow me out of my contract, but not until after they port my number to them, and activate the phones they send me. At that point I can port my number back to Verizon.

It is going to be a hassle, but in the end I will be contract free with a three month old D2.

Yeah kinda a hassle, but going back to Verizon will give you another contract price droid ;)

xmguy

Reaction score
Good luck.

Maybe you'll get lucky dancedroid

Just for kicks, if they offer and iPhone break out in hysterical laughter.... followed by a silent pause... then a NO thanks but I said 'comparable' to my D2. :)

... it's a joke people... i know the Iphone is comparable.

Sorry NO. It isn't! :D

xmguy

Reaction score
Good luck man! I was like you. I tried AT&T for a few days. The service here is AWFUL!! You might stand in one spot and get signal. Move 2 ft and have no signal. No 3G here. Not even 2G. I like Verizon had them too long. But if you are being FORCED to AT&T they should give you a comparable model or you (as you said) should say bye, bye. The upside you can go BACK to Verizon use YOUR Droid 2 and NOT sign a 2 yr contract.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
UPDATE - I emailed this to the CEO of ATT and had a call within two hours. They said they would look into my case with the transistion team and they would get back to me by Monday with the results. :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
That really sucks! I would be furious if that happened to me, especially after having just bought a new phone!

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Let's just say for the sake of argument that everybody who is forced to AT&T cancels on day one and goes back to verizon. What then? I mean seriously, everything is just as it was before.

Joker

Reaction score
UPDATE - I emailed this to the CEO of ATT and had a call within two hours. They said they would look into my case with the transistion team and they would get back to me by Monday with the results. :icon_ banana:

Wow good to here about the update, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

But I still think at the end of it all, you should head back to VZW if your at&t coverage is not as strong in comparison.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear, but I'd leave AT&T in this case regardless... 4 days to give you an answer? I'd say that right there just lost my business. But that's just my opinion.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Well, I emailed the CEO late on Thrusday and got a call within two hours (after 5 est). He said he might get back to me on Friday (1 day) or on Monday (2 days) at the latest, I wouldn't really call that shabby service.

The question is, do they plan to do anything about it, or simply say their hands are tied.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I emailed the CEO late on Thrusday and got a call within two hours (after 5 est). He said he might get back to me on Friday (1 day) or on Monday (2 days) at the latest, I wouldn't really call that shabby service.

The question is, do they plan to do anything about it, or simply say their hands are tied.

still leaves all day today and Saturday is a working day in customer service... matter of fact so is Sunday in our world.

like I said... was just my opinion. I'm in no way knocking on you OP :)

seems like a simple question...

*DroidForums app DOES*