My OG Droid Has Been Retired

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by sn2hotty, Dec 3, 2011.

1. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have to report that my OG Droid has officially been retired from active duty. I decided to pull the trigger on the upgrade that I've been eligible for since April. I decided not to wait anymore for the Nexus, and instead opted for the Rezound, and after two weeks, I'm glad I did. In my opinion it has more bang for the buck hardware-wise, and since it will eventually get ICS, I thought it was a better buy. Plus, it came with a $100 pair of headphones! LOL

After two weeks, I am very happy with it and have no complaints, although Sense, together with no root, is taking some getting used to! LOL I already installed Launcher Pro. I am gonna miss SS being on my phone, but I will continue to keep in touch with the Chevy community and will continue to play with my OG Droid (running SS 5.5). Who knows- maybe one day it will be on a rooted Rezound (I hope!)! Lol

I want to take this opportunity to thank Chevy for extending the life of my OG Droid and making it awesome, and I hope to have SS running on my Rezound in the future. Chevy, I hope that all is well in your personal life and with your family, and you will remain in my prayers. Thanks again, and thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help and support you've offered over the past year.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

2. BushBandit

BushBandit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly mine too will be retired on Monday..... Atleast for now..

Not even sure why I got something new since I still like my OG Droid just fine and it still works/looks like new.... I think I just got carried away on Black Friday and Cyber Monday buying and ordering up things I didn't need, but in this case free is free.

I ordered up a red Incredible 2 on "Cyber Monday" since it was free with free activation..... Not sure how I got one when people who ordered Friday and Saturday got denied. I guess they didn't pass them out in the order in which they were ordered. Feel bad they got screwed, but mine is cuurently at the Fedex sort facility near me and will arrive Monday.

Customer service tried to get me to accept a black one since they over sold the reds, but I wasn't having it.... And they wouldn't give me an X2 or D3.

I didn't jump on any of the 4g phones, mainly because 4g isn't established enough yet.... And I don't want a data cap...

I figure if I dont like the red I will ebay it or send it back and wait for something else..... The white Razr or Droid 4 could make me go 4g, but the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't since I never liked Samsungs phones and none of the others interest me.

I never even got to use my new/in box back up Droid either..... Atleast I have 2 solid phones to fall back on if I dont't like the Dinc2 I guess.

Anyways, thanks Chevy... You made the phone much better and I enjoyed messing with it, but I don't think I will root and rom the new one... It was too much too keep up on at times and unfortunatlely you don't make roms for the Dinc2, so I will probably stay stock..... Maybe

3. beejaycee

beejaycee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm another that wants to say thanks to you, Chevy, and goodbye to my OG. I picked up my Nexus this morning. It's been fun and your mod made it that way. :)

4. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Same here, thanks Chevy for all the great work you've done. If you ever do something for the Nexus you can be sure I'll be back trying it out :D

5. rayz007

rayz007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same for me. Want to thank Chevy for keeping my D1 going. Getting the GN this morning and putting the D1 in the drawer.
    Now the question is how long before I root the Nexus? I might use stock for a little while.

6. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought about waiting, but even if you don't root, at least unlock the bootloader right away. Unlocking the bootloader will factory wipe your phone and if you wait until you've used it for a while, there's no way to back up stuff like if you are rooted. From what I've heard, the root step doesn't wipe the phone, just the bootloader unlock.

7. redoregon

redoregon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Add my name to the "thanks Chevy" list.
    And if you're grandfathered into unlimited data, going 4g won't cap you.
    --
    Nexus, upgraded from original Droid

8. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my time has come to move on also. My sister-in law gave me 2 phones. A Motorola Milestone X and a Samsung Galaxy S. I got the Samsung activated yesterday, rooted it, and got ICS running on it. Gonna try to post a screenshot. It's super smooth & everything works great! Thanks to all the developers and everyone here for the awesome help you provided. I will forever be in debt to this forum. I have a stash of D1 roms & a few themes if anyone wants um.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

9. RoyR80

RoyR80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alas, my OG has been retired as well. :-( But not forgotten or forsaken. I've been Razr'd. Love it, completely ecstatic. :hail:

10. 1074s8

1074s8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not giving up on OG.... I also am not losing my unlimited data plan! Been running SS 5.2 for 18 months or so :icon_ lala:, looking at 5.6 now. We don't have 4G here, so new phones don't impress me yet.

11. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    . Here it bees!!!:D

http://db.tt/cnuBR1mT

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

12. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,647
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    Cool! I'd love to give my OGD new life. It looks so lonely sitting there on my charging station...just waiting for someone to pick it up and pet it. :p

13. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got several OGD ROMS in my Dropbox. Want something, just ask & I'll see if I have it

14. FoxKat

FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,647
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    I'll be flashing this tonight and playing with it over the weekend. Is there something you have in OG that is as close to pure GB as possible? Also, is there a ICS Rom for it yet? I am embarrassed to say I haven't been keeping up on the OGD stuff. I'd love to see ICS on the OGD, but even a rocking pure GB would be cool.

15. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cush2push had an ICS ROM going, but development has ceased. It was way to much for such small RAM space. I have PE6.5. It's AOSP based. It's as close to stock gingerbread that I have. I'll link it to you