My Nexus signal and battery issues

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Also why does my phone echo when I talk into it? I have to hang up and use my land line. Defeats the purpose of the phone in my opinion.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will verizon make me go through replacements before they let me switch? Also what is the use of a phone without a battery?

There isn't one. But it's not Verizon's responsibility to accommodate you outside of your return window. Letting you switch to a new device is simply a gesture on their part and they expect you to go out and buy the back and battery. And yes, Verizon won't just let you switch typically. I went through 4 refurbished units before they even offered (though I never had any intention of switching).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You seem to be really unhappy with your Nexus and our advice to you doesn't seem to be the answers you want. If you're that unhappy about it and have tried to make it work the just switch back to your TB.

Natey2

Reaction score
(Mod, please delete this post. Could not attach image on Edit)

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm very happy with my Nexus 7:
As am I. However, OP doesn't seem to be liking his very much, after all this is the second thread he started regarding the same issue and yet he still isn't getting the answers he wants. We've given him the advice and all the solutions we can come up with and answered a few of his other questions yet he continues to ask them again.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I'm going to the razr. If I had the money I would go for the maxx. But being on leave because of pneumonia for the 3rd time this year is really killing my budget.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm going to the razr. If I had the money I would go for the maxx. But being on leave because of pneumonia for the 3rd time this year is really killing my budget.
Sounds like your phone of choice should be the least of your worries. Hope you can get that RAZR and make a full recovery

Would buying used be an option. Many good phones are available for a more affordable price when used. Just make sure they're clean and not stolen. Site's such as craigslist and swappa are a great sources.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
As far as signal issues are concerned I would look at the RAZR forums to see if anyone is reporting issues. I came from the bionic because mine was plagued with signal issues. The other thing to think about is constantly switching between signals will kill your battery too, so if the RAZR has issues you most likely won't see improvement in battery life.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I ended up going back to my thunderbolt. So far every phone I've tried had more issues that my tried and true thunderbolt does.