My next phone won't be a phone

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have been thinking that my next phone will be 7 inch tablet. No, not the neutered nexus that has no sd card and no hdmi.

I can see going to any cell company and buying a USB stick.

voice can be via VoIP, either Skype or Google voice.

The tablet can fit in a jacket pocket, and a Bluetooth in my ear for phone use.

It will have a nice larger screen for web browsing, all my familiar apps, large sd card and hdmi for watching movies and tv shows on a HDTV.

It will be global, as all that is needed is a 4G USB stick and month by month prepaid plan. if New cell technology arrives, then buy a new stick. Want to change cell company, then buy a different stick. New android os is released, then download it from the tablet manufacturer website. Want a aosp Rom, then download it from the internet.

I have a dream...of no Verizon bloat, no waiting for Verizon to bless an OTA update, no long term commitment to any cell company, etc etc

Unfortunately, I still have a year left with Verizon.

Howard

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not a huge fan of tablets. At least not yet. The Note is as big as I'd be willing to go now. I think a 4.7 in would be PERFECT for my hands. Though I do agree with the stuff about Verizon. I think I'll be switching to Sprint after my contracts up, so sick of the local VZ store. Even if Sprints were to suck too, at least I don't have to deal with this one anymore.

Coupe

Reaction score
Choices like that limit how much money Verizon can steel from you, so it will not happen. :biggrin:

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I am not sure a Verizon stick will work in an android tablet. it might require a windows 7 tablet.