1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

my next android phone.... and a beautiful solution to iPhone's obsoleteness

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tktouch12, Jul 19, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

just imagine if as android gets more users and more power if the iphone were to seriously start to lose its grip. what if users finally said, we want opensource-ness. well what it apple made a droid. the iDroid. it would have an amazing screen and it would be synchronized to the software to work better than any other android phone screen. the phone itself would be a "princess phone", it would look nice, beautiful and simple, like a regular candybar style iphone. and most importantly, it will have its own ui like sense. but it will be ios ui. the lockscreen, the launcher, and all the apps will be the apps from ios, but they will be built to work on the iDroid, which is an android phone. so we will get great apple apps (itunes support) but on an android phone,, so we could even replace the launcher, or any other app with one we like better from the market. it would also gets its updates more on time. it would be the greatest phone ever....

i know you all agree.. and of course the insides would be the most groundbreaking powerful specs ever, with amazing battery life

*** i just want to point out i am aware there is no way under any circumstances this could ever happen.. EVER, but it would be sweet
  2. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

yea......

10char
  3. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

i didn't really understand
  4. iPirate

iPirate New Member

you want apple hardware running android? do you want to have problems when holding your phone? :p
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Well, I know your wrong about that.....

I personally would never own anything Apple.
  6. kermitdfrogdroid

kermitdfrogdroid New Member

lol... I wonder how many Hardcore droid fans will post negative comments on this post but when the iphone comes out for verizon will go run to be first in-line to get it...?

Im not gonna lie, Id totally buy one. The poster above who said they never would own anything apple... Why such a stern negative image about them? I havent owned an apple product since 1999 but I can acknowledge how good an I-phone is. Yet I still have a moto droid because of the open source, physical keyboard and of course the outstanding coverage in comparison. And do you really mean to say you never owned an ipod?
  7. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Premium Member

I've often debated this with friends and think (while it won't happen) it could be a real interesting consortium.
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I won't lie either, I made it a choice not to buy anything Apple long before Android came about.
  9. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

:rating00:

idroid? :soapbox:eek:k that's just blasphemy!!!!!:icon_ ban::ban:
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

i love my Mac and will buy a Mac over a PC anytime. I'll never have an iPhone however. The day I do that will be the day I stop coming into this forum.

And I don't want an iPhone that looks like and Android platform. Keep it separate.
  11. ewells2420

ewells2420 New Member

No thanks, if I want something like an iphone, I will just get the iphone.
  12. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

smh
    10 char
  13. RETG

RETG Member

I eat apples, I don't stick them up to my ear or hold them on my lap and play with them.
  14. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

I will be 36 next month and I have never owned or bought any apple (don't deserve to be capitalized) product. I never will own or buy anything from apple either. There are some of us that are not interested in their products. I do not want anything apple makes in my home.
  15. takeshi

takeshi New Member

You definitely are imagining things...

Meanwhile, in the real world, I don't agree. The devices you talk about have their niches. I don't get the fanboy fantasy of the "one-size-fits-all" device, personally.

And unlike most of the other posters in this thread, I like and appreciate Apple's products. Their iPhone isn't for me but I don't need to downplay their offerings to make me feel better about my purchase decisions.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  16. Detonation

Detonation New Member

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  17. baniels

baniels New Member

Obsolescence.
  18. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Will never happen. Android runs counter to everything IPhone is about - namely, open-source and customization does not fit with Jobs all-knowing need to control the user experience.

I just shake my head sometimes. Met another fanboy recently who was showing off his IPhone4 and doing pinch-zoom on photos like it was something special. I don't even bother debating these people, I just say "that's a nice toy".

IPhone looks good and has some nice features. For actual, functional business use the Droid wins hands-down, IMO.
  19. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Premium Member

20. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

LOL, if they spend any time with Android they may end-up with a serious case of IPhone-remorse!

Fanboy was bragging up his 8-megapixel camera = facepalm. Takes nice pictures, though. But when I get Droid Pro at the end of the year it will be fun to crush his little girlie phone.
Search tags for this page

miqlive iphone