My newly setup S6 has notifications every couple minutes

Photobug

Reaction score
I just set up a new galaxy S6. At one point the notifications would pop up with a sound and a notice in the screen of the event. It would only send a notification for texts, emails, and weather emergencies.

Somehow during setup the notification went into overdrive and will make the notification sound every few minute or so without a pop up on the display telling me why the notification sounded.

I turned off notification in each app and I had turned on notification in Google+. Notifications still goes off every few minutes without any explanation as to why it is notifying me. My only way to not handle this is to turn down the volume on notifications to 0 to prevent the notification sound going off too often.

OP
P

Photobug

Reaction score
Have you pulled down the notification area to see if there is any additional information there?

I have gone to settings>"sounds and notifications" and gone through that area extensively looking for something not set up correctly. I also went through the area under settings>"sounds and notificiations">App notifications and Blocked notification from app in all the apps that I did not feel had a contribution to notifications process. I am still getting too many sound notifications and without a screen explanation.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
So, to reiterate what @leeshor originally asked, when you drag down on your notification bar to check for notifications, you're not seeing anything?

S5 tap'n

OP
P

Photobug

Reaction score
So, to reiterate what @leeshor originally asked, when you drag down on your notification bar to check for notifications, you're not seeing anything?

S5 tap'n

No the random notification beeps are not accompanied with anything in the notification bar. The notification bar does get a new notification with emails and texts but not with all the other random beeps.