My New HTC Incredible keeps rebooting

breckbrew

Reaction score
Been having this problem for about a month now, thought it was totally gone today. Spent over an hour trying to get it out of the reboot cycle, couldn't even do a factory reset from the boot menu without it restarting. Called tech, they had me do the *228 trick, but it restarted during the test call and they are shipping a replacement overnight. We'll see if that works. This is a great phone, but this is a really annoying issue.

locsphere

Reaction score
Droid in incredible and droid incredible 2 keep rebooting

I have had two droid incredible and now have a droid incredible 2

My first phone did it while charging and when ever I was using VZ navigator.

I got a new one and the second one would do it whenever it was charging and at random. Hadn't even had a chance to install any apps yet it kept doing this until it suicided it self and just stayed on the HTC Reboot white screen,

I now have had a droid incredible 2 for a day and has rebooted twice in a very short amount of time. while it was charging. My guess is it can't handle minor power fluctuations in your household from turning on the tv to an Air conditioner requesting power. It literally must fry the batter or something during the split second of amperage that is requested by something.

In any case Im not sure what it is but it is a major issue as on other forums it is a main topic of discussion.

parfu

Reaction score
Reboot

Well, after moving all available apps to SD card, deleting others and then doing *228, option 2, my phone entered the boot-loop death spiral.

Only option was to restore phone. VZW dude was unaware of the low space issue. He did suggest I give HTC and/or Google a call if the msg comes back.

Thank goodness for AppBrain, Flickr, Ringdroid, Google/Gmail and the many other Apps that provide a smooth restore functionality.

If you're still getting the low space msg or recovering from a boot-loop, I suggest you make sure to back up all info before you end up having to reboot.

kaizoku0506

Reaction score
My New HTC Incredible keeps rebooting for no apparent reason. Reboots when just sitting with no apps running or in the middle of a song or movie. I have it powered and charging with the AC charger to see if it reboots then. Maybe its the battery heating, anyhow its going back tommorow for a new one.

Mandroid If you were my PC Client and you said this about your laptop Id say remove power cord and battery for few minutes then put it back together and retry

This was my first instinct when I started noticing reboot issues as well. I assumed the battery must be overheating and just needed to cool off. After a few minutes held up against the A/C in my car, things worked perfectly again for a few minutes. However, as time progressed, the issue continued to get worse and worse.

Things finally reached a head about a week ago when the phone started rebooting about once an hour. The big issue here is that, if I don't remove the battery and do a whole song and dance, the phone will begin cycling forever! I've sat and watched it reboot 10+ times in a row. Normally I have to remove the battery, discharge any power that may be left by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and then put the battery back in and restart the phone.

At this point, I'm just holding out for the next two months until I can upgrade. The Incredible was nice at one point, but it's pretty absurd for a phone to force reboot in the middle of phone calls and text messages...

cris

Reaction score
got me the same issues, along with no signal and force close apps. im currently looking on ebay for a decent droid or droid x thats isnt going for new price.