My new favorite picture!

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
EXCELLENT PIC!

I am a little more verbose than this, as I would BY a working iCrap and take it to the range and HAPPILY shoot it full of REAL BULLET HOLES and then post it here for all to see!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Wow I guess a cell phone in your pocket won't save your life!

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I have a Barrett .50, and I think this will become a new test target...PHONES!

I also shoot a .50 A.E Desert Eagle, I love big bore handguns...makes the punks run and leave skid marks!
Now...back to the show!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have a Barrett .50, and I think this will become a new test target...PHONES!

I also shoot a .50 A.E Desert Eagle, I love big bore handguns...makes the punks run and leave skid marks!
Now...back to the show!

I had a DE in .50 for a while. It was always funny to blast that off at an indoor range and watch everyone look over at me like "what the H was that"?!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I had a DE in .50 for a while. It was always funny to blast that off at an indoor range and watch everyone look over at me like "what the H was that"?!

No kidding, a few years ago we were shooting a .50 desert eagle at an indoor range. When my buddy touched off the first round every body stopped shooting and looked at our lane like a gun had detonated!

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Cheap model 29 S&W revolvers would break the top strap when they fired overcharges.
A friend saw one come apart next to him, and luckily, no shards of that gun flew in his direction, but the top strap was sheared off, the cylinder was split at the pin, and the whole gun appeared to have been used as an EOD commercial.
And yes, the .50 A.E is a LOUD and thunderous ignition, a Saturn V liftoff thunder no less!

The .50 Barrett can't be fired at any range near me, it's too big, and it's medium range ballistics outstrip the 200 yard targets we have, which is the longest distance range set we have.
I can't afford to drive 5 + hours to find enough land mass to touch off a few rounds, so I keep what I stockpiled and wait.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Like this?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2 now Free

'N' frames were never intended for the .44 magnum pressure, the c.u.p was too high for the cylinders.
During testing, Ruger purposely over pressured their RedHawks to make certain their cylinders and frames could withstand the pressure of that caliber.
This is why I stay with Ruger, they have always made sure their products could take a beating and never give out.
I have a Redhawk in .44, stainless, 7-1/2" barrel. Silky smooth trigger pull with crisp release.

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That much damage had to be a compressed load. I'm pretty sure a hot load wouldn't blow the cylinder up like that.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2 now Free

newbroot83

Reaction score
Cheap model 29 S&W revolvers would break the top strap when they fired overcharges.
A friend saw one come apart next to him, and luckily, no shards of that gun flew in his direction, but the top strap was sheared off, the cylinder was split at the pin, and the whole gun appeared to have been used as an EOD commercial.
And yes, the .50 A.E is a LOUD and thunderous ignition, a Saturn V liftoff thunder no less!

The .50 Barrett can't be fired at any range near me, it's too big, and it's medium range ballistics outstrip the 200 yard targets we have, which is the longest distance range set we have.
I can't afford to drive 5 + hours to find enough land mass to touch off a few rounds, so I keep what I stockpiled and wait.

I can shoot it in my back yard. Send it to ky. Id be glad to care for it for you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
My baby you say?

It took me years to locate mine, and I had to promise to never sell it.
I affirmed this will always remain in the hands of a patriot, and to never allow its possession and subsequent use, fall into the hands of the opposition, and it never shall.

I will locate an area safe to fire this, but those rounds DO pack a punch and travel the distance. Even here, there are homes that are 3 miles away and closer, and I know this round can easily traverse such distances so I refrain from cutting loose.

Maybe I can tag it as a phone accessory by attaching a DX to the barrel?