My new DNA has some glitches, anyone else have issues.

jasper7821

Reaction score
I've have my phone for a week now and love it but I've had to restart it over 10 times already.
three different times I've been in the camera mode and took a panoramic photo and it got stuck and all the other features and app worked but when going into camera mode it was stuck.
And twice I tried to go into camera mode and it wouldn't work.
And a few time it had no service when I was in the same spot a it had great service a minute before.
A few times it said I have no SIM card installed by the icon at the top of the phone notification bar.
One time last night it even had a pup up the said PUC not installed or something like that.

Any solutions ?

Screenshot_2012-12-07-09-27-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-07-09-25-43.png

Screenshot_2012-12-07-07-23-32.png

harp666

Reaction score
Had the same problem with a droid razr maxx...getting a new sim card solved the problem.

Kf4pwb

Reaction score
ya, on my contacts widget, i push on my wifes icon to call her and it keeps coming up with my mom usually. then when I push on my mom, it calls my dad. plus it doesn't work with my uconnect in the heep

OP
J

jasper7821

Reaction score
Reset the whole phone and removed the SD card and put it back in and seems to be ok now.

zynx

Reaction score
Similar issues - I've had this phone for just about 2 months and find that it regularly loses its carrier signal and says "No SIM card" when I'm on Verizon (CDMA network) and have no SIM card. No SD card either. I restart the phone 2-3 times a day as it is and find that it loses signal for no reason. Unacceptable for what is otherwise a slick phone. :angry: Any other suggestions?

goodwill295

Reaction score
Getting a new SIM card solved the problem for me, got a new one last week and the no SIM error seems to be gone.

Robster

Reaction score
I spoke with a Verizon employee today and he said that there is an update in the works to address the SIM issue. He also said that the current fix for many people is to set their 'Mobile Data' to LTE/CDMA and NOT to Global. Hope this helps.

zynx

Reaction score
I spoke with a Verizon employee today and he said that there is an update in the works to address the SIM issue. He also said that the current fix for many people is to set their 'Mobile Data' to LTE/CDMA and NOT to Global. Hope this helps.

I've tried this too (setting Mobile Data to LTE/CDMA) and it does not make a difference...still get the Missing SIM Card message.

Drew_P

Reaction score
Similar issues - I've had this phone for just about 2 months and find that it regularly loses its carrier signal and says "No SIM card" when I'm on Verizon (CDMA network) and have no SIM card. No SD card either. I restart the phone 2-3 times a day as it is and find that it loses signal for no reason. Unacceptable for what is otherwise a slick phone. :angry: Any other suggestions?

The DNA does have a sim card for lte. You might want to check it out. There is a slot for it....and maybe having your sim card replaced will help with your error message. Good luck.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

Drew_P

Reaction score
The DNA does have a sim card for lte. You might want to check it out. There is a slot for it....and maybe having your sim card replaced will help with your error message. Good luck.

Sorry, forgot to tell you that the micro sim slot is on top next to the power button. There should have been a small tool included in the box to help with removal. Hope this helps.