My name is Dean- I'm waiting for the new Verizon Droids from the CES show.

TrialsRider

Reaction score
New to the Droids and this board. :)
I've got my New Every 2 in September and was tired of being behind the curve on phones..... Seemed every time I got a phone it was a short time before it was EOL.

This time I made up my mind to to see what was available at the big CES show.
To by disappointment they didn't release anything........
So I'm going to wait.
My concern is my $100 credit may expire in 6 months from my eligibility.
So it's going to be a close one when they release the new Motorola or HTC before I lose the credit.

I'm thinking I like the HTC a bit better, Although the Motorola is really nice too.
(In reality it's going to be whatever phone is released first LOL).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the forum.....We are all waiting on releases.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forum. I'm not eligible for an upgrade for some time and I won't pay full price so I'm going to have my D2 for quite a while.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm waiting on a release too... I think a lot of us are!

OP
TrialsRider

TrialsRider

Reaction score
I called Verizon this morning and they told me that I have 6 months from Jan 16th to use my credit- not form my date I was eligible. So I've got some breathing room to make an informed decision. dancedroid
TR

Beka27

Reaction score
I called Verizon this morning and they told me that I have 6 months from Jan 16th to use my credit- not form my date I was eligible. So I've got some breathing room to make an informed decision. dancedroid
TR

You might want to ask that a note be made on your account stating this or you get something in writing. Everything I've ever heard has said clearly that the NE2 discount goes away if not used within 6 months from when it comes available to YOU. (Not that $100 is that big of a deal, what matters is you get the phone you really want.)

Welcome!

OP
TrialsRider

TrialsRider

Reaction score
TR

You might want to ask that a note be made on your account stating this or you get something in writing. Everything I've ever heard has said clearly that the NE2 discount goes away if not used within 6 months from when it comes available to YOU. (Not that $100 is that big of a deal, what matters is you get the phone you really want.)

Welcome!
I called back and she didn't even know of the new change?
I don't think they'll announce the new policy and tell me I only have a few months before I lose it. Think of the people that may only get a few weeks notice.
It just makes sense that they will start the enforcement 6 months from the day the new policy started.

jchris01

Reaction score
I'm JC, got droid 2 last week and am looking for an offline backup if there's one

Beka27

Reaction score
The new policy shouldn't have anything to do with this tho (if I'm understanding correctly.) If you reached your time for NE2 discount in September, you have known you were eligible for it... since September. After 6 months, if not used, that discount goes away (meaning March). This is neither here nor there as it relates to the CHANGE in policy. All that means is this is going to be the LAST NE2 you will get.

I became eligible for my NE2 in August, mine would have been gone in February had I not used it. People who become eligible for theirs on January 15th, will have until July 15th.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@jc - mybackup pro has a backup option.

You will have 6 months from the policy change date to use the NE2 credit.

The NE2, to my knowledge, never had a time limit on it. Once it was available you could use it whenever.

fyi, it's always good to get the CS rep to make a note on your account, as it's well known that one rep will tell you one thing and another will tell you something different.

Beka27

Reaction score
Ok, thank you clearing that up. Is the NE2 discount written into the contract? My contract was renewed prior to the policy change, so it should still become available for me in June '12, right?

(sorry for the slight hijack.)

(from Beka's DX)