My Monday Morning Issue of No Droid

italbomber

Reaction score
Morning Guys! I woke up this morning to find my phone stuck at the Liberty Logo with a slight flashing every few seconds. When I try to boot to recovery I get the 2e recovery. I am not sure what the easiest fix is. Since I don't really need my phone today (BULL WHO DOESN'T NEED AN AMAZING PHONE WITH AN AMAZING ROM) .... Just need a little direction guys. Any help would be great! Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morning Guys! I woke up this morning to find my phone stuck at the Liberty Logo with a slight flashing every few seconds. When I try to boot to recovery I get the 2e recovery. I am not sure what the easiest fix is. Since I don't really need my phone today (BULL WHO DOESN'T NEED AN AMAZING PHONE WITH AN AMAZING ROM) .... Just need a little direction guys. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Log into recovery, do a wipe of cache and data, and you should be fine. Please remember that we don't allow any non family friendly language in the forum. I have a link in my signature for the Forum Guideline.

OP
italbomber

italbomber

Reaction score
thank you for the quick response. I apologize and meant no disrespect. I tried clearing the cache and it did not help. any other ideas?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
r u for real ? he didnt say anything wrong lol

Editing post ftw?

Prolly end up having to sbf unless you can get into cwm. Try doing a battery pull when it loops then restart. Sometimes it will get you into cwm and you can restore a backup.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
italbomber

italbomber

Reaction score
yea i tried the battery pull multiple times and nothing. So strange. Been doing this for a while and had never had this happen.

OP
italbomber

italbomber

Reaction score
r u for real ? he didnt say anything wrong lol

Editing post ftw?

Prolly end up having to sbf unless you can get into cwm. Try doing a battery pull when it loops then restart. Sometimes it will get you into cwm and you can restore a backup.

So I just got into clockwork mod (dumb luck) I kept doing the battery pull and finally it went in. I am going to try and restore a backup and i will let you know how I make out. Thanks for this idea.

OP
italbomber

italbomber

Reaction score
Update, CMW worked to get a back up installed. Too bad my latest backup was from January when I installed Darkslide. I guess I have to reinstall Liberty today LOL. Thanks for the help guys. Any ideas what would have caused this Blip?

pkbest

Reaction score
Update, CMW worked to get a back up installed. Too bad my latest backup was from January when I installed Darkslide. I guess I have to reinstall Liberty today LOL. Thanks for the help guys. Any ideas what would have caused this Blip?

Were you overclocked? did you install the batttweak? did you also install the update for people with reboot / freeze issues?

Did you NOT install the patch for reboot / freeze issues, because maybe you should have. I intalled both batttweak and the reboot/freeze fix, however, i dont necessarily recommend it all at once like that. That caused a similar issue to you earlier this month and i had to recover to a previous version of liberty (1.0).

Chillout

Reaction score
I had that same issue a couple weeks back when I was trying to flash a new theme, I ended up in some crazy boot loop of doom similar to what you were in. I tried the battery pull a few times and couldn't get back to the recovery screen I needed. Finally after about the 6th time of doing it dumb luck smiled on me and I was able to get back in and wipe/format and then install from scratch and all was good. I had no backup at the time since I had just gotten the phone a few days ago.

Needless to say I have several backups now. :D

OP
italbomber

italbomber

Reaction score
I honestly haven't made any changes to the phone in over a month. Everything with Liberty was working more then adequate. I was overclocked to 1250 LV but that was from jumpstreet. That's why I found this so strange. I have no batttweak installed or any updates in regards to the reboot issue. I still haven't reinstalled liberty yet. I will at some point today at work. I am going to do as I did before with 3x wipe cache and 3x factory reset. I will reinstall and see what happens.

pkbest

Reaction score
well.. I've never done LV overclocks.. running a processor at lower voltage but higher frequency seems dangerous and harsh to the CPU. but anyway, maybe it was just a small quirk man. It happens. You don't need to factory reset 3x and cache wipe 3x.. (if im understanding that right.) Just once, make sure system and sdcard are mounted.. flash , reboot, reboot again. and golden. I always do second reboot to make sure all scripts ran.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
well.. I've never done LV overclocks.. running a processor at lower voltage but higher frequency seems dangerous and harsh to the CPU. but anyway, maybe it was just a small quirk man. It happens. You don't need to factory reset 3x and cache wipe 3x.. (if im understanding that right.) Just once, make sure system and sdcard are mounted.. flash , reboot, reboot again. and golden. I always do second reboot to make sure all scripts ran.

I am undervolting and overclocking and my phone has been pretty stable. I dont think I have read anything about problems as a result. Are you thinking this may have bad long term effects?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm running my d2g at 1.3 ghz ULV, I can do up to 1.4 ghz without problems but it does 2 things to my phone. 1, actually makes it go slower and 2, even when its on 400 mhz it still heats the phone up. I don't think different voltages will mess up the cpu unless it shows problems when you first start using it.