1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My Maxx charging port is regurgitating every USB that enters!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by DiamondFlurry, May 14, 2013.

1. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry New Member

This has been a problem that's been worsening every passing month. The only cable I've found so far that it won't spit out is oddly an HTC cable, and even that one with the slightest wiggle causes it to shoot out.

Is there anything that can be done to try and remedy this from the outside apart from opening up the phone and replacing the port?

Thank you!
  2. jkaod

jkaod New Member

Duct tape and bailing wire should work. Not pretty, but effective. Sorry for the smart mouth response. I've never heard of a fix short of replacing the port.
  3. DiamondFlurry

DiamondFlurry New Member

Heh. I wonder what exactly causes this problem? It's a shame; I honestly love this phone, but this is becoming too much of a burden!
  4. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Did u buy insurance?
  5. jkaod

jkaod New Member

Have you looked into the port closely? For me that would mean a light and some magnification. I wonder if there is something jammed way down in there that is not letting the plug seat well and pushing it out. A bunch of lint, a tiny bit of paper or something like that might do it.
  6. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Some causes:
    1. plain old equipment failure
    2. normal wear and tear...especially from plugging it in and unplugging it often
    3. carelessness - talking on the phone while it is plugged in will put strain on the port/cable. Picking it up off your nightstand and turning it over in the middle of the night to check a text message will put strain on the cable/port.... LOL, firsthand experience.
    4. If you have a Motorola car dock or other dock - port/plug not aligning properly.

*** you may also want to look carefully into the port and make sure there isn't a dust bunny/pocket lint that is pushing the plug out. Again, first hand experience on this one. :)

5. gremlins.

David
Search tags for this page

droid razr charger port problems

droid razr charging port problems

droid razr maxx charger port
droid razr maxx charging issues

droid razr maxx charging port

droid razr maxx charging port not working

droid razr maxx charging port problems

droid razr maxx hd charging port
how to repair motorola droid maxx charging port