My Lord it's huge!

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I'm not completely sure what I expected, but it surely wasn't this. I went into my local VW store to see if they had one I could see. All they had was a dummy.

It's as long as my hand from wrist to fingertips. I think it may be a bit to big, err, too long for me. My gracious that sounds bad, but can't think of another way to put it. :p

Here's a pic of the X dummy beside an Inc.

35110_1324835446957_1413023798_30746287_1460430_n.jpg

Yeah, My girlfriend and I went to the mall today too to put money down on my X and also wanted to check a Demo. The retail store was too busy, so we ventured to the kiosk, where we were greeted by this beast. lol. My girlfriend goes "ITS HUGE". i was just thanking myself the person behind the counter was a female ;P

J

Johnly

rofl......this thread is littered with win:) I defended the X's size, but clearly, I was delusional......if they could just chop that Jay Leno chin on the X, then it would be handle-able again, lol..over and over....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
rofl......this thread is littered with win:) I defended the X's size, but clearly, I was delusional......if they could just chop that Jay Leno chin on the X, then it would be handle-able again, lol..over and over....

Yes it is....I need a cold shower now....:p

sheba611

Reaction score
Not too big for me

Jesus it's really NOT too big..what are you people? China dolls? lol

Seriously though....it's.....not.

EDIT: Just realized you are a female, so maybe your hands aren't quite as large as a typical man's. I guess that makes a little bit of a difference.

I went to local VZW store Tuesday nite and played with a live demo. It is large but it is not bulky. Can't wait to get my own! And I am a woman with small hands.dancedroid

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i guess im a size queen...LOL
doesnt seem too big for my hands

OP
N

NytroGirl

Reaction score
LOL! Boy how this thread has taken a turn. :p

It is definitely not bulky at all and I so dig that. It was the perfect weight and all, just not sure about the length and weight I suppose.

Definitely be interested in what you guys and girls think once you get yours. :)

techguru

Reaction score
In another thread, I said I have carried larger phones for less functionality. My first Windows Mobile phone, the i700 was about the same size. A lot of phones where smaller but much thicker and heavier.

I have lived with the X for 2 days now (I am in a VZW focus group) and it really doesn't feel as big as it is because it is very light. I do have large hands, so using the whole scren is not hard. I talked to a friend with smaller hands and he has some difficulty and prefers the incredible.

I also miss the tight integration of SenseUI, I think it is better than Motoblur.

But, the phone is FAST, the screen is awesome, the sound is great. Overall, a real winner (unless you want custom roms, but it is so good, you don't need one).

Alan

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
i dont normally like too many things in my pocket. either way, all the phones i get usually clip on to my pants. at lunch ill check out the phone.

myDownfall

Reaction score
Sippin on coffee while reading this thread was probably not the best idea. :) I'm currently still under contract and cannot upgrade until December, however, with this NBA promotion Verizon is running, I just may be able to upgrade. My main concern was the overall size of the phone but I think you guys cleared that up for me....so, thanks!

And....that's what she said! Sorry, I just had to.

chikibabe

Reaction score
Sippin on coffee while reading this thread was probably not the best idea. :) I'm currently still under contract and cannot upgrade until December, however, with this NBA promotion Verizon is running, I just may be able to upgrade. My main concern was the overall size of the phone but I think you guys cleared that up for me....so, thanks!

And....that's what she said! Sorry, I just had to.

I believe you can upgrade as long as your contract ends in 2010? You can check your verizonwireless account and see.

JimiVphoto

Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm switching to X from Inc is I want a bigger phone. (I just got the back ordered Inc, so I've only had it a couple of days, X arrives tomorrow.)

I'm a big guy, so I have no trouble with a larger phone. In fact it's more comfortable for me to one hand txt with.

myDownfall

Reaction score
I believe you can upgrade as long as your contract ends in 2010? You can check your verizonwireless account and see.
The bar that indicates how long I have until my next upgrade is still showing that it's not time. I am in talks with my Verizon Business rep to see if she can confirm it. If so, splendid, I'm making the jump.:icon_ banana:

techguru

Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm switching to X from Inc is I want a bigger phone. (I just got the back ordered Inc, so I've only had it a couple of days, X arrives tomorrow.)

I'm a big guy, so I have no trouble with a larger phone. In fact it's more comfortable for me to one hand txt with.

I am certainly making less typos with the slightly larger on screen keyboard. Only problem is that there is no nav key of any kind (Inc had the optical, Droid had the 5 way on the hard keyboard) so when I do have an error, it is a little harder to navigate back and fix it. There is a way to bring up nav buttons in the Swype keyboard (probably the multi-touch too, but I switched to Swype as soon as I turned it on). Swype from the Swype key to the SYM key and it will bring up the editing keyboard.

Alan