My LG G3 turns-on by itself

speedbird2

Reaction score
I often find that my LG G3 is turned-on when not in use by itself. It often may be caused by the back button touching the case or when laying flat on the ground but sometimes it just turns-on. Strange. Not happy with the back buttons; there is a reason all others use side or top buttons. Speaker on the back is not great either when the phone is flat down. Where is the mike; does the speaker double as the mike? Thanks.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
As far as it turning on by itself, the phone doesn't weigh enough to depress the button. More likely, something is pressing on the phone enough so that the power button is depressed. IE: Cat walking on the phone, using the phone as a coaster, book placed on it, etc.

This phone is designed for you to lay it face down, not back down. Of course you don't want to do that without a screen protector and/or a good case. It's been said that proper storage of all SmartPhones is face down. This way if something drops on the device it will have less damage. Samsung has even taken it a step further with their new Galaxy 6 Edge. If it's face down, you can program the sides to display different colors for texts, emails, and phone calls. Of course this only works face down.

I personally like the buttons being on the back. They are more ergonomically designed and fit my hand better. In fact, I tried the Droid Turbo for a few months and found that I missed the back buttons. However, there are some who hate them. It does take some getting use to.

Good luck.

OP
S

speedbird2

Reaction score
My LG G3 still turns-on randomly; especially when carried in its case. Furthermore, it gets very hot; hopefully it won't explode or catch on fire. The battery situation is horrible as well. It takes over 3 hours to charge the battery and when taking photos, the unit dies after taking 4 or 5 photos. I must open the back, remove the battery then re-boot. Then, it comes back to life for 1 or 2 more photos and then dies again. I guess I must carry with me 5 or 6 spare batteries! When using at home, plugged-in, the G3 is a pleasure to use. The unit worked fine while under warranty; I should have stayed with Apple.