my latitude will not login

rhyde82

Reaction score
i tried to search to see if this has been brought up with no luck so if it has i want to say sorry now.... for some reason when i try to log into my latitude account through Google maps it says log in failed and i get a permission requested in the notification bar for maps so when i click on allow it comes up with this error every time "the process system has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" anyone know a fix to this? i am running ultimate droid 9.0 but never had this problem before. i tried to uninstall and reinstall maps with no luck...any help would be great

thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
are you running clockwork recovery or sprecovery?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok...we will start simple. have you tried a factory data reset?

G

gavron

Ok, so this is a common problem with some ROMs where Google Maps isn't included in the ROM and you then add it manually.

Don't despair. (And don't delete all data just yet ;)

Google Maps
->Menu
Latitude
Privacy
Turn off Latitude
->Menu
Join Latitude

See if that works. If not please advise errors you get :)

Ehud

hondaguy520

Reaction score
my latitude puts me like 2 miles away from where i really am, when i shut it off the gps resests its self and is withing a few feet. i dont understand but thats ok because i dont know anyone with latitude

G

gavron

you can go into Settings-> Location & Security Settings and make sure both "Use wireless networks" ***AND*** "Use GPS Satellites" are set.

Please indicate if this helps.

E

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
my latitude puts me like 2 miles away from where i really am, when i shut it off the gps resests its self and is withing a few feet. i dont understand but thats ok because i dont know anyone with latitude

is your gps on in setting:location and security?
if its using wireless to find you it will be off as it goes from nearest cell tower

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
you can try uninstalling updates or clearing cache and see if that helps

OP
rhyde82

rhyde82

Reaction score
hey gavron
under menu in maps i dont have the Latitude option just join latitude, search, directions, layers, my location, and more.....i did do a factory restore and wipe before installed.

OP
rhyde82

rhyde82

Reaction score
whenver i press join latitude it says login fail and i permission requested in the notification bar that i have to grant maps and when i do i get a system error and i cant get around that....

update.....i got it to work..i went to a rom that it was working on up dated it and did a backup of it and restored it back and it worked yes!!....does anyone know a wifi tether that works on v9 the one I have does not seem to work I can connect but says no internet connection I have version 2.0 pre3 it works on other roms but not this one...I tried the backup restore method for that also but it kept fcing on me....does any work?

Last edited: