My keyboard wont light up???

jcboyett

Reaction score
My keyboard won't light up. I just noticed this the other day, and I haven't played with my phone, loading any new roms or anything in tha past month and a half. Is there anything I can do to make the keyboard light up again???

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What rom are you running right now?

HarshReality

Reaction score
Fire up your power widget and cycle the backlight one time and see if that resolves it

Sent from my Droid

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
I'm using UD 9. I know, pretty old school, but I liked it more than all the other roms. Chaos and cyan didn't run good on my phone. But I don't remember havin this issue before. Is there some sort of quick fix to it? That backlight cycle didn't work

Reaction score
I've noticed this same issue on both my Droids, my husband's Droid and my sister's Droid. To fix, go to Settings>Display>Brightness, then uncheck (or check) the automatic brightness button and then check (or uncheck) it again and voila - keyboard lights should work perfectly again. I thought it was just a bug on mine, but then noticed that it happens to every other Droid I've seen and that fixes it every time.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I've noticed this same issue on both my Droids, my husband's Droid and my sister's Droid. To fix, go to Settings>Display>Brightness, then uncheck (or check) the automatic brightness button and then check (or uncheck) it again and voila - keyboard lights should work perfectly again. I thought it was just a bug on mine, but then noticed that it happens to every other Droid I've seen and that fixes it every time.

Mine did the same thing on stock 2.1. It never happened before 2.1 though. It doesn't seem to be an issue anymore since root.