My Intro

TLDriver

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
Well my phone has not shown up yet and I am impatiently waiting for it FedEx to show to the front door. I been using a Windows Mobile phone for the last 6-7 years and I am now doing the switch. I been awaiting for the Android OS to run on the Samsung Omnia 910 (Verizon) not I couldn't wait any longer so I just ordered it.

I currently work with a few iPhone owners and they always tried to tell me how great thier POS phone is/was and frequently I had to tell them that what they were doing wasn't anything new. Now the Android OS is out and it made a few parts of me tingle and I even waited to change the os on my phone to it. They currently have the OS running but no voice and some other bugs that I just can't deal with.

I would like to learn a little more then just the apps on the phone and also do some tethering. I seen the app for it and once I get the phone I will see how well I can make it work. :icon_ devil:

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
Welcome TLDRIVER.......I know what its like to switch to something new and different after so many years of sticking to one particular thing. But , believe me and you already have done the research on it , you will love this phone. I myself love all these apps and love the way I can customize it to fit me.
Anyways , let us know what you find out........sounds like you are tech savy and we here in these forums can use more tech savy info that could all help us out

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
Well my phone has not shown up yet and I am impatiently waiting for it FedEx to show to the front door. I been using a Windows Mobile phone for the last 6-7 years and I am now doing the switch. I been awaiting for the Android OS to run on the Samsung Omnia 910 (Verizon) not I couldn't wait any longer so I just ordered it.

I currently work with a few iPhone owners and they always tried to tell me how great thier POS phone is/was and frequently I had to tell them that what they were doing wasn't anything new. Now the Android OS is out and it made a few parts of me tingle and I even waited to change the os on my phone to it. They currently have the OS running but no voice and some other bugs that I just can't deal with.

I would like to learn a little more then just the apps on the phone and also do some tethering. I seen the app for it and once I get the phone I will see how well I can make it work. :icon_ devil:
Definitely in the right place. We got all kinds of people who can teach you extra stuff beyond the apps. We have a hacks thread and they can teach you just about anything over there.:welcome:to the forum, I'm kind of assuming you've got a Droid coming but any android phone is got to be better then Blackberry. That was the phone for the first 10 years of the 21st Century, this is the phone of the future.

OP
T

TLDriver

Reaction score
Thanks guys, well my phone is now at the FedEx shipping center in the town over and they should be delivering it tomorrow. I think I will take a break from work so I can go get it right now. Be back in the office in 30 min and let the phone charge.

OP
T

TLDriver

Reaction score
Well I got it and it's activated already. I now need to play with it... well after it charges.