My initial Moto X experience

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Razr now those who have handled the X what's the difference as in screen size etc. ( I'm sure it has a better battery :) Thanks

The ultra Maxx has a larger screen. As far as screen size of the X it is larger than the razr I would compare it in size to the galaxy nexus. The galaxy nexus has a 4.65 inch screen while the x has a 4.7 inch screen (I believe).

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well as soon as I say I hate the camera, I do a quick comparison and it turns out pretty good mostly. Though in the last set you really begin to see the X/Maxx's weakness and the S4's strength. Each set follows this order, 6 pics - Maxx, Maxx, S4, S4, One One

Set 1 - no flash, room light
Set 2 - no flash, lower light
Set 3 - flash, same subject
Set 4 - flash, new subject

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/diyr5z2rux3u9z9/8Hiub-5eA- (make sure they're in alphabetical order)

Is it just me or are the Moto shots the closet to natural colors? Seems the S4 has a distinct green cast, much like fluorescent lighting creates, and the One has it too but to a lesser extent. The Moto is the only one where white is white.

The resolution suffers in the hard drive shots, but overall I'm not disappointed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
My one issue, as I can deal with the camera being slightly sub-par, is that I'm assuming both this and the Ultra are like all Moto phones and can't record conversations. This is not a feature that I need all the time, but there are times when it would be of value to have this ability.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I had a chance to play with the VZW X last week. Lucked out and the moto rep just happened to be there. Love how it feels in the hand. Nice phone. Very fast and fluid and plenty of nice features. The killing point for me is the screen size. With the onscreen buttons it pretty much takes it right back to a 4.3". I have had the same size screen since way back with the Droid X. If I am paying full price I am going to get a bigger screen. I played with the Ultra and Maxx and loved both. In fact I held the Maxx up against my Razr Maxx and the Maxx was a tad thinner, just a hair wider and just a little bit taller. Still easy to manage in the hand. But I would be getting a bigger screen. Same internals as the X. The customization doesn't mean that much to me as I always run a case. So it would be a no brainer for me to go with the Maxx or Ultra. If they made the X the same size as those two I would be all over it just for the simple fact that every Moto phone I have had looks like the last one. Would be nice to have a fresh look.

Reaction score
Yeah to me the epic fail of the new droids and moto x is the same horrible camera moto seems to put in all their devices....but at least the maxx makes up a little ground with battery life...