My initial experience with 5.0.7

Taegost

Reaction score
I haven't gotten to use it too much yet today because I really killed the battery this morning messing around with Gowalla, but I can say that the performance is quite a bit improved on my Moto Droid.
I had to bump my clock speed down from 1GHz to 700MHz to try and conserve battery, and it's running about as well at the lower speed now as it was with 5.0.6.2 at the higher speed.
I'll play with it some more tonight and give more feedback, but for now, I want to say "Thank you, and keep up the great work!" :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Dro/Nextheme to be ported...too lazy to do it myself

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the Smoked Glass-esque that I had and I'm not brave enough to just try the download from ROM Manager, I don't know enough about theming to fix it if it does something silly :)
But the performance fixes are impressive, I was going to switch to Bugless Beast because it just seemed awful laggy at 1GHz, but I was holding out for this update.
So far, I'm not disappointed!
Except I can't figure out how to get the battery percentage back :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spare parts app.

droid_maine

Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the Smoked Glass-esque that I had and I'm not brave enough to just try the download from ROM Manager, I don't know enough about theming to fix it if it does something silly :)
But the performance fixes are impressive, I was going to switch to Bugless Beast because it just seemed awful laggy at 1GHz, but I was holding out for this update.
So far, I'm not disappointed!
Except I can't figure out how to get the battery percentage back :)

Smoked Glass-Esque from ROM Manager will send you into boot loops...

But there is a work-around I posted in another thread. I set up a Metamorph Theme of the Smoked Glass Esque, and there are instructions there to set up your Clock and Notification colors easily using the new settings found in Spare Parts.

Here is the link...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/47166-mm-themes-cm-5-0-7-a.html

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Thanks Droid_maine! I'll check that out later. And thanks for the response Titans, I actually found the option right before I looked in this thread at your response :)
I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working though, until I realized I had just taken the phone off the charger... Too much blood in my caffeine stream...
Time for more coffee!