My Inc2 Won't update

wozman24

Reaction score
When I go to Software Update, ut shows Status and Check new. If I hit Status, , all fields are blank except for the top one, which says Verizon Wireless. When I hit "Check New" it says "Checking for new software updates" and then it disappears after a second or two. Can anyone help me out? I just got this phone 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong. Thanks.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The status screen is normal since you haven't gotten the update yet. All the info will fill in once the update is complete. As for getting the update, I would keep hitting the check new a couple times a day. Make sure your phone is charged or you have a charger handy. Update will take about ten minutes. If you don't get it in a few more days I would call Verizon to see what's happening. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
When I go to Software Update, ut shows Status and Check new. If I hit Status, , all fields are blank except for the top one, which says Verizon Wireless. When I hit "Check New" it says "Checking for new software updates" and then it disappears after a second or two. Can anyone help me out? I just got this phone 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong. Thanks.

The status is normal behavior, but the check for update us not normal behavior. If the update was not available to you yet it tells you "no update available". Not only that, everyone should have received the ota by now. I would try a factory reset. If that doesn't work take it to the Verizon store (not Verizon reseller) for help. Regardless of where you bought it, it is still under warranty through them until at least April 2012.

Fyi, if you rooted and installed a custom recovery, that breaks the ota.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shanejo

Reaction score
I am expierencing the same thing. I figured I would wait atleat a week before I press the panic button. I just keep hitting the "Check new" selection s few times a day.
I do notice when I "Check new", the phone switches to 3G for a second and then nothing
Now I am using this phone via carrier PagePlus. I am wondering if that is my issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

nikecar

Reaction score
That would be your issue. The updates are put out by the carrier. You should contact them to see if and when you're going to get it.

I think that is it.

The HTC isn't putting this update out for all the DIn2's, rather its VERIZON that is putting it out for its members. If you are PagePlus, then you need to ask them when they will put it out on their systems.

Alternative is try to put this phone on Verizon prepaid, but not sure that can be done.

OP
W

wozman24

Reaction score
I am with Verizon, so that shouldn't be the problem. Looks like I should call Verizon. Joy.

nikecar

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you were the op too