My HTC Droid Eris???

heathermtep

Reaction score
Alright all you Droid experts....I have had my HTC Droid Eris for about 8 months now and I absolutely love it. I just got a new job with a company cell phone (I am in sales) and they gave me a LAME Blackberry Curve and I hate the OS now that I am used to Android.

Since my Droid was piggybacked off my parents account they recently cancelled my personal account in hopes that I would use my business phone as my personal phone. Fine. I'm cool with that, and since both phones are verizon carriers, I would like to just transfer my Droid to the company. I don't plan on going anywhere, I love my new job and the HTC Eris will be outdated soon anyway.

Here's the kicker. My Mom is a wack job and she put a theft lock on my phone and told me I can't even purchase it from her. Is there any way to take this theft lock off?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright all you Droid experts....I have had my HTC Droid Eris for about 8 months now and I absolutely love it. I just got a new job with a company cell phone (I am in sales) and they gave me a LAME Blackberry Curve and I hate the OS now that I am used to Android.

Since my Droid was piggybacked off my parents account they recently cancelled my personal account in hopes that I would use my business phone as my personal phone. Fine. I'm cool with that, and since both phones are verizon carriers, I would like to just transfer my Droid to the company. I don't plan on going anywhere, I love my new job and the HTC Eris will be outdated soon anyway.

Here's the kicker. My Mom is a wack job and she put a theft lock on my phone and told me I can't even purchase it from her. Is there any way to take this theft lock off?
If the account is in your mom's name, I don't think there is anything you can do. As far as Verizon is concerned, it is HER phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bob's right. Not anything you can do about it if account is in your mom's name.