My home screen is blank

Q

qoncept

I quit Pandora, locked my phone and walked down to my car to go to lunch. 5 minutes later when I opened it to call my wife, all of my home screens were completely blank. Any idea what happened?

Please, save me the search lectures. I haven't seen anyone losing everything.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you done a reboot? Should bring them back if it was nothing catastrophic.

OP
Q

qoncept

Yep, restart fixed it. Duh. Thanks guys.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Thats ok since we never have to restart these phones that always seems to be the last thought to go into my head.

uptime - 134:45:25 !!!!!! 134 hours is a long time (5 1/2 days), a lot longer than my imagio.

OP
Q

qoncept

Yeah, I had an app to restart my Blackberry every night. I restarted my Droid for the first time in 13 days today.

drewshaver

Reaction score
yes this has happened to me probably 5 times now. wish they would fix but like it was said, its non catastrophic. if it happens to you alot, try uninstalling your most recently installed apps.. i think i had 1 that was exposing the android bug often

Riley

Reaction score
Happened to me this morning when I put it in my car dock. Battery pull/reboot fixed it, but that's the first time I've had it happen. The status bar was still working and the apps running in it at the time were all still working as well.

Zuch321

Reaction score
Happened to me this morning when I put it in my car dock. Battery pull/reboot fixed it, but that's the first time I've had it happen. The status bar was still working and the apps running in it at the time were all still working as well.

This is EXACTLY what happens to me. Hate it. I feel like it has to do with the Live Wallpaper. I can open new apps from the Status Bar but the home screen, on all three screens, is blank.

barkingburro

Reaction score
It's a memory problem

I have the same problem from time to time. I found it tended to occur when I had installed too many apps. If I tried uninstalling a few apps so that I had approx. 90MB free, the problem would go away... sort of.

Now with live wallpapers the problem comes back from time to time--but it's not really a problem. It turns out this is due to the home app not loading in a timely manner. If I just wait long enough, the icons will reappear once again on my home screen.

Ultimately, Google really needs to find a way to let us load apps from the SD card.

leutbneot

Reaction score
Same here

I used to get this from time to time, but it would always either resolve itself after a minute or so, or after a restart. Now it's starting to happen ALL THE TIME, and it's becoming more difficult to get my stuff back. Strangely, if I turn off Home as the default (so that when I press the Home button I have the option of going to my other Home in Panda), I'll get my old Panda home, complete with widgets and folders and apps.

This used to work as a quick workaround - I'd go to Panda for a second, then go back to my real Home (I prefer the regular home for speed and reliability) and it would fix all the missing stuff. Now, that doesn't seem to work anymore.

This is a huge pain. Has anyone found a way to fix this? Can anyone come up with another quick workaround like my Panda-switch one? I hope they release a new version of the system soon. 2.1 is NOT all it was supposed to be.

koralyne

Reaction score
Thats ok since we never have to restart these phones that always seems to be the last thought to go into my head.

uptime - 134:45:25 !!!!!! 134 hours is a long time (5 1/2 days), a lot longer than my imagio.

how do you get this? all i can find is time since last unplugged in battery usage..