My Gmail refuses to Sync!!!

abbygirl336

Reaction score
HELP!!!! I have spent about 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon tech support over the past 2 days, resorted to doing a complete factory reset on my Fascinate (total pain in the butt, having to download all my apps again!!) and STILL having the same problem.

I have had this phone 11 days...I love it but I'm finding it has some quirky bugs in it that are going to make me crazy! :( Everything was going smoothly until 2:45pm yesterday when I tried to send some of the pics from my gallery thru Gmail to my home computer (couldn't get the phone to sync to computer, that's another story!). As I waited for the emails to arrive with the picture attached, it never did. I look on my Gmail and they are sitting there as "sending"..... Never did go thru.

After spending hrs with tech support we determine all my settings are fine and he suggests I do the factory reset....UGH...... !! So I did. Then I spent the next 2 hrs putting everything back on my phone and in the right places.

Now, here it is 9:30pm and once again it is not syncing and my Gmail seems DEAD IN THE WATER!!!!! What a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know what to do.....tempted to send the phone back but I really like it and I just want it to work!

Any suggestions???????????

Thanks so much!! :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting that it happened after you restored all your stuff. Are you running any task killers or virus protection?

If not then do a factory data reset again but this time don't add any apps for a day or so. Then slowly start adding them. If the problem reoccures then you should have an idea of what app giving you the problem.

M

Mwsr

My Gmail has been getting stuck lately also.. when I send a email from my phone it will Just keep saying sending in red and never send. Most of the time I have to write it again and send a few times or just go to a computer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jimv2000

Reaction score
Its the attachments. The stock gmail app gets atuck often if they are over 2 megs. You can try another email client like K-9 in the market.

Sent from my SCH-I500