My Gallery has stopped.

cesar357

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. It's been about 3 or 4 days I can't access my phone picture gallery (my gallery). When I click on the "My Gallery" icon it goes in but when I select the library a "Unfortunately the gallery has stopped" sign comes out. I can't access any pictures. Any info on this issue? Please!

aharris.ab

Reaction score
This happened to me when I last updated my Razr Maxx weeks ago. Still is that way. Any luck fixing it?

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Issue is still there. Don't know what to do because how else am I suppose to access my photos.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Have you tried to download a 3rd party gallery app such as QuickPic? If you are able to open the gallery with the 3rd party app, it could be a corrupted image in the stock gallery causing you to not be able to open that particular app...

While in QuickPic, if you look for a grayed out image, that could be your corrupted image...good luck!

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Hmmm. Haven't don't that. Let me see if I can download that

aharris.ab

Reaction score
Go to manage apps, select the all tab and select the gallery app. Select clear data. It just worked for me. Don't worry, your photos will not be deleted.

tpence2177

Reaction score
Go to manage apps, select the all tab and select the gallery app. Select clear data. It just worked for me. Don't worry, your photos will not be deleted.

Worked for me on the droid 3. It just clears the thumbnails and when you open the gallery app give it a few minutes to build your thumbnails back.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

budven

Reaction score

Had the same problem on my maxx...followed the directions above and it resolved my problem.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
I was going to do that but I noticed it said it will delete everything including pictures, music and things like that, so I canceled the process. Are you 100% sure it doesn't delete the pictures? What if I remove the SD card and do that process?

aharris.ab

Reaction score
100‰. I did it right before I posted the instructions. Didn't lose a thing.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
smalltowngirl13 said:
Have you tried to download a 3rd party gallery app such as QuickPic? If you are able to open the gallery with the 3rd party app, it could be a corrupted image in the stock gallery causing you to not be able to open that particular app...

While in QuickPic, if you look for a grayed out image, that could be your corrupted image...good luck!

I downloaded this app to look at pics. I'm actually quite impressed. The app works perfectly. Only issue I have is that before on my regular gallery I had a folder where videos I took went into. Now they go into my pictures folder and it's a bit of pain to look for them. Oh and I don't see a picture that can be corrupted and making the program act weird.

vetteLady

Reaction score
I have gone thru the steps three times to clear the data. My Gallery works fine until I try to switch to folder view, then it stops working again. Any suggestions for fixing this app?

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I had issues with My Gallery too for a little while... it's a horrible stock app, imo... so I just downloaded QuickPic.