My Gallery force close?

sglfx

Reaction score
I tap on the MyGallery icon I get the main page I get camera roll and I use to get My Gallery now it says (process com.motorola.gallery) has stopped unexpectedly. Force Close. ?? The last thing I did in the gallery was trying to tag pics and photos and create albums or groups whatever they were called. I've Powered off and on didn't help. Im using quickPic for now and I also have verizon so I don't have the Ice cream yet :blink:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You most likely have a corrupt image. Use Quickpic to sort through your images and delete ones you don't remeber taking.

This happened to me once on my old Droid X, had an image named "data" and after deleting it, my gallery started working again.

OP
S

sglfx

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise I'll check it out... Never mind just checked I had a folder named Camera with 9 of my photos and another folder with the same name one pic and it was blank deleted it and opened up My gallery no problem. I saw that before but was afraid to delete them. Thank you very much!!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for the advise I'll check it out... Never mind just checked I had a folder named Camera with 9 of my photos and another folder with the same name one pic and it was blank deleted it and opened up My gallery no problem. I saw that before but was afraid to delete them. Thank you very much!!

Glad you got it sorted out! :biggrin:

infinitytree

Reaction score
Hi--This is not actually a reply to the thread, but since I can't seem to get a 'new post' option to come up, I'm going this route. I am a total noob with my recently acquired Droid 4...I am figuring out the basics but I have one question about deleting pics from my gallery, both taken with camera and saved mms. When I go into my gallery and bring up a pic, I am given the option to 'delete' or 'cancel'. I tap delete and it goes back to the gallery but the pic is still there...what am I doing wrong? Help!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hi--This is not actually a reply to the thread, but since I can't seem to get a 'new post' option to come up, I'm going this route. I am a total noob with my recently acquired Droid 4...I am figuring out the basics but I have one question about deleting pics from my gallery, both taken with camera and saved mms. When I go into my gallery and bring up a pic, I am given the option to 'delete' or 'cancel'. I tap delete and it goes back to the gallery but the pic is still there...what am I doing wrong? Help!

Do you have instant upload enabled and are your images syncd to Picasa? Images that are synced to Picasa will show in your gallery but does not take up space on your phone, it's there but it isn't. That's why some images you can't delete...

Is this the issue you're having?