My Gallery exits back to home screen when selected.

Bulhedd

Reaction score
For some odd reason, my gallery stopped working properly. It barely starts to show the camera roll selection and backs right out. I have tried soft booting the phone. I've turned it off, removed the battery and sd card, then replaced and rebooted. Still nothing. I wentinto the settings and cleared the data from the gallery, and still nothing. I had the same problem with my first Droid X's camera app. It wouldn't open, so I just exchanged it with the warranty.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to fix this without having to shift tons of DATA between the phone and a PC? Or should I call Verizon and ask for a new one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download gallery 3D from the market and look through your photos for a corrupted file, look for an all black image or the generic gray/white icon in place of an image. Delete any files like that then reboot and try to use the stock blur gallery again.

igknight

Reaction score
The one that worked for me was to copy the entire contents of the SD card to your computer, format the card via the phone, then move the contents back to the SD card.

Hope that helps.

igknight

Reaction score
I might be mistaken, but I dont think there are hidden files. Do you have any apps installed to the SD?

I have all my apps installed to the internal phone memory, just copied everything, formatted, and moved back with no issues. Had to reassign my custom ring tones, but other than that all my apps worked without issues.

OP
B

Bulhedd

Reaction score
The 3D gallery didn't identify and corrupted files, but I like it better than the stock gallery. So I think I'm sticking with that one. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll try this tonight. Whenever I open Gallery my phone locks up and I have to pull the battery.