Reaction score
That's an amazing phone!

Note 3 <Caesars>

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
And the rear button placement and bigger screen.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Well, I'm rocking 4.3. The folks maintaining the G2 said we should have 4.4 within weeks but they are going to finish on a stable 10.1 first before moving to 11. It was also added though that development on 4.4 is also in progress... We won't wait long.

Edit: The N5 can get away with the smaller battery because of 4.4 being much more efficient. KitKat is supposed to improve battery life by "20%". I'm not sure if those numbers hold up, but the N5 with KitKat shouldn't be too much worse then the G2 (bad choice of words considering the G2 is awesome). Now, once we get 4.4 either through CyanogenMod in a few weeks or officially, we'll also see that iimprovement in battery life so it's really a moot point and the real point is, our 3000mAh battery is beast. Lol

Last edited:

todroid

Reaction score
The current reviews for the N5 do suggest that the battery life is short. So, while Kit Kat may be more efficient, it's not efficient to compensate for the lack of power storage. And it's sounds like the camera is not up to snuff either.
It is weird, most of the reviews compare N5 only to iPhone 5S, S4, and One. You'd think someone would think to compare it to the phone that the N5 is based on (loosely). I understand all about comparing to the market leaders, but... puzzling.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The current reviews for the N5 do suggest that the battery life is short. So, while Kit Kat may be more efficient, it's not efficient to compensate for the lack of power storage. And it's sounds like the camera is not up to snuff either.
It is weird, most of the reviews compare N5 only to iPhone 5S, S4, and One. You'd think someone would think to compare it to the phone that the N5 is based on (loosely). I understand all about comparing to the market leaders, but... puzzling.

The first review I saw out was by Alex Dobbie from Android Central who got one at a local store in Britan and not once was the G2's name mentioned. He almost seemed to be doing it on purpose but who knows.

Either way it looks like the best Nexus yet. And the price! I hope I can grab one next year on fire sale for $299 like I did the N4 (it was $249).

But as a Verizon user the G2 is the only choice IMO. Maybe a Dev Edition Moto X with a Wood back! But I might as well as wish for a Nexus On Verizon.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
KitKat was officially announced for the G2. End of this year or start of next year. Official LG one...meaning updated binaries. They are skipping 4.3 altogether. So, yeah, the G2 will be beast as if it isn't.

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
KitKat was officially announced for the G2. End of this year or start of next year. Official LG one...meaning updated binaries. They are skipping 4.3 altogether. So, yeah, the G2 will be beast as if it isn't.

Could you post the link? And after sooo many let downs with carriers and manufacturers regarding updates I never get my hopes up or believe CEOs, CFOs or UFOs!

We'll see CM11 way sooner and it'll be gracing this phones screen as soon as it drops. KitKat is pretty amazing on my Nexus 7 2013 and the wife's Nexus 4, its kept my craving for the latest version of Android satiated.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Could you post the link? And after sooo many let downs with carriers and manufacturers regarding updates I never get my hopes up or believe CEOs, CFOs or UFOs!

We'll see CM11 way sooner and it'll be gracing this phones screen as soon as it drops. KitKat is pretty amazing on my Nexus 7 2013 and the wife's Nexus 4, its kept my craving for the latest version of Android satiated.

It is amazing on the N7, sooo smooth!